Tullamore Agriculture show

We crossed her with one of the Kardashians, some rump.

Farmers moaning on the news again

:rollseyes:

They’ll be no funfair in Tullamore today :hushed:

Is it on today? I was planning on going but it slipped my mind. I was there last year and it was a great day out.

I know of a lad from home who went to it last year and brought the family. He parked up the car and of course took no details of where it was parked in the field, He had to wait until a pile of cars were gone later that evening to find it.

2 Likes

The Tullamore show attracts rain like no event I’ve ever known.

A common enough occurrence at these events. The Ploughing organisers would be fond of getting GAA Clubs involved in parking cars. You get a hape of lads from one club to man a field, and lorry the cars in as fast as you can at 5AM or so. Coming in the dark sometimes, you just point them towards the entrance then and shur they never pay heed nor screeed to watch direction they’ve come from.

did they paint numbers on the grass?

Details: I left it in the field. ???

I’d say he didn’t even take note of the car park he came in.

ah jaysus.

No, nothing. Like he was pulling up in front of his house.

:smile:

I saw that many many times. Jaysus your heart would go out to a lad, with a few kids in tow, the youngsters already fucked tired after the day, and he ducking in and out of rows of Volkwagons and Toyotas and in the end not even on the right side of the fucking venue, let alone right car park.

2 Likes

Just for clarification purposes, this wanderer was from Farmer’s neck of the woods.
He seems the type that might lose the car on a visit to Pairc Sean.

A lad living around my neck of the woods came into a few bob and bought himself a car.

On trips to Carrick-on-Shannon he would frequently forget where he parked it, and would often get mixed up by the look of similar cars.

He solved the issue by hitting the passenger’s door a couple of wallops of a crowbar so that it was uniquely identifiable. He wasn’t confused anymore.

TNH

Rural myth.

I’ve heard a few versions of it

I think we all have.

1 Like

The oirish love an auld “mick the muldoon cant find his car” yarn

I had an 1990 toyata starlet years ago. Parked it up near Henry Street Garda station in Limerick. Went into town, done a few bits and came back, opened the car, sat in, tried to start it, no luck, the key wouldn’t turn over in the ignition. Had a quick look around and it was obvious this was a car owned by a female… my key opened the wrong car. My car was about 4 cars further up.

1 Like