TV Rights, best avoided

Newstalk and Gilroy stole the Lance interview. They are spiteful fat headed thieves. Not alone that Gilroy then sniggered live on air at the chap who did all the work and handed Lance to them.
There’s a bit of karma at play here. God is settling a small score.

2 Likes

Woolberto is doing some number on newstalk on twitter

Keep your eggshells and crush them. Spread round suspect plants to keep slugs and snails away. You need plenty as will have to replenish every 3 or 4 weeks.

:seedling:

Stay tuned for the GAA Hipster Hour with Woofy.

It’s not coming along too well, I have to be honest.

1 Like

Fuck em

1 Like

Were they wearing black armbands on air?

Newstalk GAA is in tatters since woolberto left

TV Rights, TV Wrongs

Radio rights, radio wrongs.

On February 13th, 2003 on Morning Ireland, David Hanly was bantering with Des Cahill about the previous night’s Scotland v Eire association football friendly game in which the star performer was Clinton Morrison.

Hanly asks Des: “So, Des, is Clinton Morrison the new black?”

cc: @Juhniallio

1 Like

That statement endorses neither party .

Clinton is a Tooting boy proper and for me will be bona fides Irish .

David and Mick Hanley both played for St Patrick’s and alright sorts .

David Hanley boldly stated the morning after the 2001 Munster hurling final there was an all Ireland in the Limerick team.

Make of these facts what you will .

I’d take from it that he’s a dreamer, anyway.

Eir.

1 Like

Mick even wrote a song about it

https://youtu.be/3kxOBrJQxS4

Did you ever see the likes of it? Two fellas talking to each other on Twitter then coming on here and talking same shite to each other. Wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t even realise it

The low balled the GGA for the rights and now they’ll be left with swathes of time on summer weekends to fill with the likes of Dill Wickramasinghe and Sarah Carey that nobody listens to. Good enough for the cunts.

4 Likes

They’re well used to it. Pre 2004/05ish they had no live Premier League, fuck all GAA (I think they had club games?) and no live rugby.

4 hours on both Saturday and Sunday of Jerry O’Sullivan talking shite to a panel.

Newstalk did have live commentaries on Leinster games when they were a Dublin-only station.

Will Downing spent many a night in Ravenhill or Murrayfield as Cameron Jowitt, Ben Gissing, Matt Leek and co. capitulated.

I don’t recall the rugby, what I thought was Club GGA must be what you said. I remember them getting some All Ireland rights and being delighted with themselves. 2008?

I think it was 2004 when they started broadcasting the PL, it gave the Off the Ball crowd a chance to put their feet up for a couple of evenings a week.

1 Like