TV Rights, best avoided

“Cringe”

Brilliant

He’d fit in well around here

1 Like

Utterly unedifying spat . The vast majority of decent , God fearing citizens listen to neither .

You certainly do

1 Like

That Parkinson is only a cunt, but he has a point there.

1 Like

I picked out the cringe element of that very sentence in a post yesterday. Great minds and all that.

2 Likes

Rugby country

How so?

Football is clearly the nation’s favourite game, it says it there.

Only one of them numbers growing though Matty

I’d say soccer would have been double that 20 years ago

I didn’t drill down into the figures Dan. But you made a strange claim that this is rugby country when the evidence you presented yourself clearly states it’s the third most popular sport.

rugby is the second most popular sport

then swimming and tennis

then hurling,rounders,gga football,camogie etc

anything to back that up?

Go back through the ESRI reports

Interesting survey. It confirms that the Irish rugby squad are now the nations favourite team. Beating the All Blacks and people looking forward to the RBS Six Nationa the most confirms that.

What keeps soccer on top is the popularity of British soccer but domestically it continues to lose ground.

Not an interesting survey.

1 Like

Dundalk FC are the nation’s second favourite team using your logic. Which sort of makes an arse of the second point you tried to make there.

Nonsense. It’s about putting the figures together.

The only Irish soccer moments of reasonance are the Euros and Dundalk, and both are soundly beaten by rugby moments. The most looked forward to event of 2017 involves the Irish rugby side. The FIFA WC qualifiers and GGA both soundly beaten by the rugby event.

It’s the general public’s continued support of Celtic, Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United that keeps soccer on top overall, but the Irish rugby team are Ireland’s Team.

Dundalk are Ireland’s second favourite team pal. No rugby club or franchise can touch them.

Strongly Suggests a prompted survey amongst people who still own and answer land line calls at home.

There can be no other explanation for Connacht’s strong showing.