TV Rights, best avoided

The novelty factor of two minnows playing in the final as well as it being a rainy day with no premier league games on helped boost the figures.

But it was still a poor average for the only stick hurling game of the year that most people on the island will bother to watch.

Roddy Doyle has been proved correct.

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed your day yesterday- bro… I’d be glad of your company if you fancied tipping down to Thurles on Satuday for the last bit of GAA action of the year.

The figures don’t even take into account the 82300 people who were actually at the game so the real figure is actually 1.2m

Or the tens of thousands watching on the big screens in both cities

And unlike rugby and soccer games, the vast majority of these viewers were neutrals. Incredible stats.

2 Likes

Easy to tell you’ve never been to a club game in your life.

Or lads like @balbec watching on illegal streams.

Not to mention those watching in San Fran, Shanghai and Sydney

Not by choice. The Sunday gane stream was grand last night though.

You nailed it . Watching a Dunphy rant is the highlight of ROI soccer games .

the numbers don’t lie

lads celebrating that spud hockey gets lower viewing figures than normal sports is bizarre

Jesus, you’re after getting an awful kicking today.

2 Likes

That or the funny lads that come on après soccer football matches that do the skit on Dunphy going off on a rant.

Or do they even do that any more?

It’s a very good figure but it’s probably the best hurling figures ever and that’s still well behind the top few rugby or soccer games ever.

2 Likes

Most people watching GAA are neutrals. Can’t really compare it to international games

Why not?

Why do you refuse to count the 83k that were also at the game?

because they didnt watch it on tv

just like i didnt include the 250k in France or Poland

:eek: