TV Rights, best avoided

The Nations League is not proper competitive football, it was a glorified friendly.

41k for a match in which it was obvious the team could not win their mini-group and was going nowhere under a manager whose tenure had clearly run its course, was an excellent attendance.

The relegation was of no consequence. It doesn’t mean anything important.

How’s looking for the average attendance of Galway hurling challenges coming along?

Did it clash with communions?

You are comparing opening pitches in birr with the national soccer team playing one of only a few games a year the team you state is the most popular in the country plays… Bizarre. Im not claiming galway are the best supported team in ireland, you are stating the soccer team are. Can you provide me the attendances for matches in the aviva last year and the tv rating of that one game, im starting to think galway could give the best fans in the wuddled a run for their money

In the apparent absence of @myboyblue it’s up to me to interject with…

Gas cunts…

3 Likes

Now we are getting places.

:rofl:

No I’m comparing friendlies with friendlies(or challenges as we call them) You’ve really drank the rugby Kool-Aid if you think attendances at friendlies mean anything

What were the television ratings for Ireland’s test series in Australia back in June, anybody?

This was a series that was massively hyped up in the Irish media as a key test of Ireland’s ability to beat a Southern Hemisphere big gun in a hostile setting.

@Tim_Riggins? You’re usually the go to man for this sort of thing.

1 Like

A lot of words to say. Its a bandwagon

No I’m saying they are the most popular team in Ireland, not the same thing

41,000 people when the team is at its lowest ebb in years doesn’t sound like a bandwagon to me

1 Like

The man himself doesnt allow discussion around events not on FTA

But these are the best fans in the wuddled according to themselves and its the best supported team in the country according to you. They should be scrambling for tickets to see their favourite team, friendly or otherwise its one of the few times a year they get to see them. But they dont come near selling it out. Whys that?

How many Danes were there?

I’d say if anything it proves the depth of the passion for association football in this country, and for the Eire team.

If 41k went to that crap, they’ll go to anything.

You’re absolutely obsessed with this. Neither me nor Sidney have mentioned that once

Stop talking about 2002.

I know those were your glory years where you had hopes and dreams, but that’s 20 years ago nearly.

You can’t refute it, the Irish rugby team are far better supported. You go on about fixtures. Ireland played the USA and sold it out with their second team. You lot love to call these friendlier, but that “friendly” sold out whilst the ROI couldn’t get close to filling a competitive Saturday fixture vs. Denmark.

The ROI couldn’t fill a game against our nearest neighbours that was waited for for 20 years.

The rugby team has steady support. It has support north and south and across communities, unlike football which is sectarian. As I said before, Brian O’Driscoll will be treated like a hero in Dublin or at an Orange Order parade. Robbie Brady? James McClean? 20 years ago Roy Keane would have had some appeal with the NI football community because of his Manchester United association. 20 years on the ROI can’t get a player in the top sides. The domestic league is still appallingly supported whilst the Premier League is still beloved. Football is popular but the ROI team have gone backwards rapidly. That’s just the way it is.

And ignore the rest of the post where i destroy you completely.

This is the problem with debating on the INTERNET, you can prove someone wrong, raise an argument they cant even challenge, and they just pretend it never happened. When theyd be ridiculed by friends or punched by strangers for the same thing

The test series in Australia was massively hyped up. I think a lot of genuine rugby people would argue that it was the biggest yardstick of Ireland’s progress in the whole of 2018.

Given that backdrop, and the supposed passion for the team, I’d imagine that those same supporters would have been breaking down doors to see those games.

Yes?

What were the ratings?

1 Like