Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

He’s excellent in it, but he’s ably assisted by a fantastic supporting cast as well. It’s not on Netflix.

I’m four episodes into this on netflix. I expect most of the forum will end up watching it over the next few weeks. Its better than Making a Murderer.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/w8gXQXifx-M

Trailer for the new George R.R. Martin sci-fi being shot out in Troy studios

Really enjoyed Season 1 but gave up after a few episodes of Season 2. Got boring very quickly.

I found Gomorrah season 3 to be a huge disappointment.

Genny Savastano doesn’t really bring a lot to the table and they’ve made a balls of it by putting him at the forefront. You’re just rooting for him to be whacked the whole time and it’s not because he’s any worse than all the conniving killers, he’s just a horrible looking, fat pig.

The Bulgarian episode with Ciro was absolutely top notch though and they could easily and probably should have made a series out of that alone.

5 Likes

Recommending Wild Wild Country and The Terror if anyone is stuck for something to watch.

1 Like

I thought that’s where they were heading.New life in Bulgaria for Ciro. I still really enjoyed it though.

I thought it was stale, it was shaping up to be a bit more than it offered, it was all very predictable.

You knew Patrizia was playing Shanel the whole way along, you knew that Genny would get one over on Avitabile in the end and that it was all going to end well for him. I also found the whole Ciro-Genny love in very strange.

So many good characters have been lost this season - Bird, Bomber, The Wizard, The Chamer, Ciro and most of all, Malamore. The central characters left which are Patrizia, the Forcella Boys and Genny just don’t seem to have much about them at all.

I think I preferred Suburra to that season of Gomorrah.

1 Like

Spoilers fellas

1 Like

I was thinking the very same regarding the characters that are left - it doesn’t inspire for season 4.

Totally agree with everything you say on season 3. You’d have no enthusiasm for season four given all the legendary characters they have done away with it.

It’s showing the reality of it though.

New kids will rise.

Suburra clearly much better though that s3

Really? Must give that a go so.

Thought it got worse every season…2 average…3 poor…

Thought 2 was still high level tv myself.

3 was big drop

Nembos assessment is pretty straight on

2 Likes

Is that the first thing ye ever agreed on?

2 Likes

2 was the best I feel. Very little between it and season 1.

1 Like

There’s only so much you can do with a show if you aren’t developing characters or engaging with wider social commentary.

Exactly.

It’s possibly being set up to get even worse.

Bit of a vacuum usually means more violence

1 Like

Not at all

1 Like