Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

Has anyone watched Der Pass? Is it simply another telling of Bron / Broen / The Bridge or something different? It sounds like it but surely they can’t be doing another version?

“When a gruesomely staged body is found, propped up on a mountain pass in the Alps close to the German-Austrian border, two detectives are sent to investigate. For German detective Ellie, this is the first real challenge of her career; her Austrian counterpart Gedeon though seems to have lost any ambitions in his job. Very soon, they discover more crime scenes with symbolically posed victims, reminiscent of pagan rituals. It all seems to be part of a bigger, sinister plan. Ellie finds herself under increasing pressure to understand the deranged killer’s motives so she can stop him. The hunt leads them ever deeper in the dark valleys and archaic Alpine customs - and the paranoid world of the killer.”

It’s only alright. Mirren is in it and is executive producer

She’s a descendant of some Russian general I think. Catherine the Great was born in Szczecin.

I thought it was a bit dull. Not sure I will watch episode 2. Mirren is so airbrushed it is hard to watch. Every two bit English actor seems to pop up.

Sets and set up generally seem slightly low rent to me.

I really only watched it to see the palaces I visited this year and the bit of riding.

2 Likes

’ The bridge" was great viewing ( not the us version which was shite compared to the original)

I tried to watch the English version of that and I couldn’t believe how exactly the same the story was, they surely can’t remake the exact same thing again?
The Danish Version was top class

1 Like

Danish was really great TV, almost said “captivating”

That’s German. I think The Bridge was Danish and Swedish.
The Germans do things differently but I’ve yet to see anything really good to come out of there, TV wise.

Babylon Berlin was pretty good.

3 Likes

Going to be a hell of a year plus for TV.

1 Like

Settle in for the autumn

Signs up for Prime immediately

Who the fuck has Prime?

I’ve just downloaded the app, logged in with my amazon account and can play videos. Whats the deal here lads? Is there some free trial I’ve signed up to without my knowing?

i have prime.

I use it to watch the office and park and rec at my leisure, it saves me money as i get free shipping on a majority of items.

1 Like

You are destroying the World using them Amazon cunts

some men just want to watch the world burn

4 Likes

How much is it, 10 bucks?.. Does prime cover Ireland for deliveries now?.. And may I ask, what Woukd you be ordering that much of that you’d need prime? I’ve probably ordered 5 things off the internet in my life…and no, I didn’t marry one of them.

4 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: