Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

They’ll all meet the same end…

Do you call Princess ‘Mammy’ from time to time?

1 Like

saturday night live snl GIF

His Dark Materials is back :clap:

1 Like

Did anyone stick out the entire run of The walking dead that finished recently? I never got back into it halfway through season 4 few years back, is it worth finishing?

No and I very much doubt it. I pulled anchor when Negan arrived, it was just too fucking wothout hope and depressing

Was he not meant to be the best antagonist since the Governor? Jeffrey Dean Morgan is normally good, so you got to what around season 7-8?

I was looking forward to him so much and he was excellent. But then it went on, and on, and on, and it just got so fucking depressing. I couldn’t bring myself to stay going. You need some degree of hope in a show. Life’s too short to be depressed all the time at a tv show

1 Like

I half arse watched it to the end I used be fast forwarding through boring parts a lot of the time. There’s no doubt it went to shit and they dragged the arse out of it. It was brilliant early doors, like a lot of TV shows I suppose. Don’t read on unless you are comfortable finding out what happens ultimately.

The ending wasn’t an ending at all, they said as much in the end credits “the end is just the beginning, keep following the story with these three spin offs coming in 2023” - one with Maggie/negen taking on New York, another with Rick and Michonne and finally one with Dwight who goes to Paris bizarrely.

1 Like

Should I plough on you reckon and see?

How far into it are you? I wouldn’t bother to be honest if you’re a long way from the end. They started making seasons near the end with about 24 episodes each it was mad. I think there’s 12 or 14 seasons. When they started making the premise of the show humans against other humans instead of humans trying to survive the dead it was gone. The dead were harmless after a while and posed little enough threats they should have kept evolving the dead to make them more threatening.

1 Like

Halfway through season 4 where the Governor just bit the bullet.

11 seasons. Final season is 24 episodes. Other seasons about 12 episodes. For me, it was always humans vs. humans, the zombies are just background. Man’s inhumanity to man etc. I watched it all the way through. Ultimately it’s lots of stories of redemption, some of them pretty far fetched (beyond the zombies etc.). Certainly dragged in parts. I think Fear the Walking Dead is even better, 6 seasons so far and I think one more. FWIW I think it’s worth finishing.

2 Likes

IN

2 Likes

I take it the twist is that the young fellas are also their sons?

1 Like

Steve Martin Idk GIF

Would this not be more of a show for young men?

I probably won’t be applying chief

I didn’t see that coming.
I must tell the wife. She’ll lap this one up.

1 Like

Happy Valley Season 3 is back on New Years Day.

The best of the relatively recent UK TV series in my opinion.

4 Likes