Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

I enjoyed the succession finale, very much in keeping with the show.

Was disappointed with the Barry finale though

1 Like

I havent watched Barry finale yet, which in and of itself says a lot. The final season, not unlike Ted, has just missed the landing entirely.

Dont think that’s it. Was pure sibling petulance as she said ‘i love you but I despise you’. She also raised his personal trespasses (death of the young lad) so a personal barb when pointing out reasons to counter her brother’s claim in the side room of ‘i can do this, I can be CEO’. Fact she plumbed for such personal reasons over citing a single solitary professional reason shows just how personally driven vindictive was.

She’s an odious piece of work who ironically is bringing a child into the world and she bankrupt when it comes to family values.

By far and away the worst of the lot of them that cunt.

5 Likes

Cracker was before it’s time,
The rape of tbe Police officer by one of their own was upsetting,
Brave considering how long ago twas aired
Trying to remember the RC episode?

1 Like

And weak when in front of Matsson. She couldn’t see that he was playing her. But even if she wasn’t, she was just a bad option as CEO. Great acting and writing you have to say.

Tom getting the crown and then putting the hand out, Shiv putting her hand in his but neither of them clenching their palms, great way to end it. I would have had that scene as the final final one, and not Ken.

the hand in hand scene leaves it at its conclusion. Shiv left sucking the cock of power knowing she’ll never, despite all her backstabbing meddling and that slitting, hold true power. Recognising her role as master of the puppets, she has more influence at Tom’s ear than her brother’s. It is as it was and now will be

Poor old Ken at the side of the river with security just out of reach, and knowing he has self sabotage entrenched in his DNA, you’re left wondering with what he sees as his sole purpose in life now gone, is he contemplating ending himself in the river?

She got Tom the role… He’ll suck a giant dick. That’s what he wanted, someone he could control.

She’s a despicable cunt.She couldn’t have it so no one can,very childish behaviour.

2 Likes

She’s always worked best in the ear of a powerful man.

They shot a scene with Kendall climbing over the railing and Colin comes running to save him,but they didn’t use it.

2 Likes

Kendall will go off and set up a company, of that I have little doubt. He will bring Frank, Karl and Hugo with him. One last go round.

2 Likes

She was stone useless at everything but thought she was shit hot.An utter cunt.She was always pretending she had “principals” but when push came to shove she would do anything for power.She wouldn’t pose with Menken at the Conservative Weekend but then did,then at the tailgate party basically told him that she could work for him.A real these are my beliefs but I have others if you don’t like them.And what about poor auld Greg,he really backed the wrong horse.

Carpe the diem, people.

Carpe the diem indeed.

1 Like

4 Likes

Two really good finales I felt of two of the best TV shows of the past decade.

Stayed away from this thread for last few days, in case of spoilers, of which there were a couple.

Was disappointed in the Barry finale. Was pretty mundane and lacked the humour the series was brilliant for. Still, a fantastic series overall and look forward to what the creators do next

I was happy enough with it, truth be told.

1 Like

Watched it last night, wasn’t expecting the best, and was quite happy with it. Once you bought into the Gene thing, that was it. I wasn’t overly happy with how they went with the final season and some of the endings of the protagonists, once they made those choices, they tied it up as well as you could have hoped for.

The scene where he went in, got the guns and walked out was pretty pointed.

I had a great giggle when he tried to get back into the car with all the guns hanging off him. His first and last interactions with Gene from Series 1 to Series 4 had him say the exact same thing.

1 Like

It did. Was nicely set up. There was a bit of that in Succession also.

1 Like