Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

In Copenhagen for the week. The Danes have a lovely way about them![quote=“dodgy_keeper, post:4805, topic:5266, full:true”]

Both The Bridge and The Killing are excellent. You should also watch Borgen, a Danish political drama.

Love those Scandinavian shows. Tak :clap::clap::clap::clap:
[/quote]

1 Like

Watched season 1 of the Killing and thought it was class. Never got back to it for 2nd season.

I like the alternative history stuff so will give it a go

Ah yeah. I like it too. It’ll be worth a look

Check out isengard Locke. Great spot

1 Like

Spelling doesn’t check out @Special_Olympiakos

It’s actually called istegard or something like that - we jokingly called it isengard in tribute to the bad lands in lord of the rings

Nerd alert.

6 Likes

Is the Danish one more or less the same story as the Us one? I watched the first twenty mins of the Danish one and it seemed to be almost the exact same story so I switched it off.

Anyone seen Generation War. German made WW2 series, three episodes all an hour and a half or so, following 5 friends through the war. A bit predictable in parts but a decent show. Every episode is fierce long though so a big commitment. It tells a good story of how the war changes everyone for the worst

Generation War is excellent

1 Like

Istegarde, looked it up there. Not far from where I am. Can’t get out and about this morning due to the snow. Well I can’t go for a run at least. Maybe tomorrow :+1:

Pretty much the same story but something about it is so much better, Also It helpsThat I’ve almost completely forgotten the US one.

If the main actress isn’t as annoying as the US one it’d improve dramatically straight away.

No, it’s Sofie Gråbøl. She is excellent.

Also in Fortitude, running season 2 on Sky Athlantic at the moment. Another good show.

1 Like

I’m two episodes in to fortitude, my missus has given up on it so I’m free to watch it away on my own now which I plan on doing this weekend.

Excellent Season end to Vikings and nicely set up for next season as well.

They’ve transitioned very well.

Season one was very good I thought. Season two been very disappointing so far. Sophie whatever her name is who was also on the Killing is lovely.

Generator War is really good. Kind of gets at the normality of any situation and how life goes on.

1 Like

Season 1 was enjoyable up to a point, I found it waned a lot towards the end when it descended into poor science fiction, I swore off any season 2 at that stage but you’d never know. It’s a good cast and the sheriff is a great character, I see from the trailers that the saucy Spanish one is still hanging about in some form.

Goliath on amazon is decent, as, surprisingly, is the harry bosch first series if you don’t want to think too much.