Tv Shows & Mini Series (Part 1)

I require instant gratification in everything I do.

1 Like

He gets better.

His story is actually really well portrayed. I can see him being real.

The insecurities and everything. In hindsight it’s hard to know was it brilliant acting or he improved.

50 is daycent in it

1 Like

Bizarre

I’m finding Mr Mercedes absolutely brilliant, it’s been a while since i was so gripped by a show.

Have any of ye seen “The End of the F*&^ing World.”? Its on netflix now and was on Channel 4 a while back. Seems to be getting good reviews.

I didn’t even think it was fine in the nothing else to watch category.

I thought it was predictable, tedious, derivative, clichéd drivel.

That’s on the list once we finish ‘Dark’.

Overlooked show. Some very good performances in it.

This is well worth a look if you are interested in sci-fi thriller.

1 Like

Signed up to Amazon as it’s only 2.99 - 6 month offer. Nothing mega on it compared to Netflix- but the Patriot is watchable. Lots of NFL material on there also.

1 Like

The Princess Bride is on it mate, thats all you’ll ever need.

Irish offering is poor enough although amazon shows are probably enough for the money

1 Like

Watched 2 episodes of Unabomber last night. Decent enough without blowing me away and lead actor is a bit irritating. Worth continuing with?

1 Like

Classic Horsebox :smile:

1 Like

Great show, stick with it.

1 Like

I thought it was above average and pretty much saved by Paul Bettany’s portrayal of the Unabomber. the episode where it goes through his backstory is excellent but the lead detective is an awful actor and it detracts from it.

I did admire the fact that they told the story fairly down the middle and didn’t try and paint the unabomber as just some deranged nut job and humanised him somewhat

1 Like

I’ll give it another go this evening but he really is off-putting. Fucking awful.

+1 to all that.

I watched it in full to finish the story as I knew little about it but the acting was poor.

My only assumption is that the detective in real life was mildly autistic or he is just a ham actor

1 Like

Mind Hunter is grand - I wouldn’t be raving about it but I wouldn’t shit on it either.

The main actor is clearly a psycho himself and I assume he will discover it in season 2.