TV Tonight

Thank fuck I’m not down home watching Tommy tonight. That would be extremely uncomfortable

4 Likes

Is this one a bit american or is this the new personality accent around the place ?

Keane interview was odd. He seemed to not really like tommy and be in bad form. Bit strange that he went on it if thats the way he felt. He was more relaxed and craic that time walking the dog with Gary Neville or on stage with Joe Molloy and them.

The line of questioning was too deep and personal tonight. Some people lap up this stuff with Tommy Tiernan asking about ‘meaning’ and ‘clarity’ in life but i find it awful nonsense.

At least with Gary Neville or Joe Molloy it was real football chat.

2 Likes

Tommy tried a bit of arse licking and such, i think keane is genuinely uncomfortable with that sort of praise and finds it difficult talking about soccer with lads that haven’t a clue

1 Like

In fairness Keane seems very content with life now.

He genuinely seems to enjoy the TV work and I’d say the team at Sky in David Jones, Kelly Cates, Neville, etc are sound. He goes to a lot of Salford games too i think with Giggs, Scholes and Butt.

Coming over to Cork then for a few days a month on the boat suits him as a bit of a loner.

I wonder when that interview was filmed.

He was in Qatar right up to Xmas and it sounded like it was done post WC.

He was embarrassed collecting a wage at celtic because his body was finished so he just walked a way. There aren’t many lads with the integrity left who’d walk away from a decent wage because they couldn’t hold up their end

And the celtic fans deride him, a nasty, horrible bunch

10 Likes

Pure scum.

3 Likes

I have to say I’ve enjoyed the BBC tribute to Rod Stewart. Between slotting in Tommy Tiernan and operating the record facility we’ve had a night of nostalgia here. We’ve seen Rod live in Dublin about 35 years ago and it remains the greatest live performance that I’ve witnessed.

And we go again - the Beeb are great :+1:

3 Likes

The worst of soccer

2 Likes

Anyone who doesn’t appreciate Roy is of questionable character

A man apart

3 Likes

Must have been last weekend when he dropped into The 51.

1 Like

He should be mined for his sporting mindset. His ability to switch on and off.

2 Likes

He had a full beard for the interview but had a mere tache for the picture in The 51.

Very odd.

Mississippi Burning on RTÉ one

Yeah that’s true you’d wonder why he went on it then though. Like we’ve all heard the aul chat about Stuart Pearce good characters and the likes a million times. Only interesting bit was about his parents and the house. Funny how some people from his background wouldn’t want to move out of Mayfield, they were the opposite and were afraid to downsize once they moved out!

can you explain that one?

Stewart is a tremendous performer, a real pro

1 Like

He’s a ham.

1 Like