Twitter (Part 1)

For once Barton is right.

I’d love for someone to end Barton.

Maybe you could find one of those unseemly rugby players to do it for ya. :wink:

Joey Barton is an alright sort as is Barry Glendenning :clap:

In other Twitter related news

TWITTER’S RECORD for activity during a sports event was broken last night during an NFL playoff game.
The Denver Broncos defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers by 29 points to 23 in a remarkable play – ending the wild-card game after just 12 seconds of overtime play.
The play – and the quarterback Tim Tebow, whose Hail Mary pass led to the six-pointer – sent Twitter into meltdown, with Twitter revealing that the event had triggered a new sporting tweets-per-second record: 9,420.
That’s far more tweets than were posted about the death of Steve Jobs (6,049), the murder of Osama bin Laden (5,106) or even the Royal Wedding last April (3,966).
It’s also more than last year’s Super Bowl (4,064 per second) and the news of Beyoncé’s pregnancy (8,868).
The Hollywood Reporter adds that for the moments after the finale, the word ‘Tebow’ appeared in 6.46 per cent of all tweets posted to the site – slightly over one out of every 16 tweets posted worldwide.
Tebow’s play shatters the record for the busiest sporting occasion on the site – that record had previously been claimed by the final of the Women’s World Cup last July between the US and Japan, when an average of 7,196 tweets were posted per second.
The finale of yesterday’s game is now the second biggest event in Twitter’s history – the only event to top it was the airing of an anime movie, Castle in the Sky, on Japanese TV last month.
Japan has by far the highest per capita usage of Twitter – as evidenced by how busy the site was when that film was aired: it prompted over 25,000 tweets a second to be posted.

:rolleyes: cant even report on it properly.

http://sport.irishexaminer.com/post/2012/01/10/Barton-fails-to-read-between-the-lines.aspx

Good blog post on Barton-Holland issue.

From @Marcotti

After reading this, I hope Jeff Winter’s site was hacked (paragraphs 2-3). http://jeffwinterentertainmentandmedia.co.uk/world2012/1112062.php If he stands by this, he’s a sick man.

Sick stuff

No, that’s par for the course for him. He’s a regular at Ibrox.

That’s hilarious … Kiddy fiddling Nazi in a dress!!

Most people try to hide the fact they are slightly psychotic and save it up for anonymous internet forums

For whatever reason this time he seems to be attracting more attention - I think there might well be a bit of a backlash. He does a bit of media work so might find that drying up if there’s a bit of publicity.

Jeff looks like he’s angling for the “my site was hacked defence” but the problem for him is he has previous for this sort of posting and he managed to post 6 more blogs since the one in question. He’s desperately trying to come up with an excuse seemingly.

This isn’t going to end well for him because Marcotti is followed by thousands of people, including all manner of other journalists, broadcasters and general media types. His media work will definitely be drying up, I imagine.

And the Daily Mail is carrying the Winter stuff:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2085466/Jeff-Winter-blog-carries-verbal-attack-Catholic-church.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

He’s posted stuff like that before but, as I say, Gabriele Marcotti tweeting about it would have brought it to a really wide audience. Can’t see Sky and TalkSPORT using him after this.

The police are investigating Jeff Winter’s blog comments now after they were linked in a tweet by Gabriele Marcotti last night and picked up by all manner of fans, journalists and broadcasters. Funny how it started - some hun apparently tweeted Marcotti to tell him he’d enjoy Jeff’s blog. Now Jeff’s media and after dinner circuit career is probably finished to a large degree. :lol:

Jeff was probably one of the shittest refs the EPL ever saw, a horrible bitter cunt. He was completely anti leeds the cunt

A Twitter revelation to report.

ClarkeyCat10 has unfollowed RockoTFK.

Reason: “very boring”.

An outstanding quip I made about Frank Gore has since been retweeted in record numbers.
My self-worth is skyrocketing.

Woolberto is no longer :frowning:

http://www.balls.ie/2012/01/26/colm-parkinson-has-deleted-his-twitter-account/

One thing that really annoys me about twitter is you get these no marks with 20 followers that put in their description “all views my own” because they’ve seen loads of journalists do it. Do these clowns not understand why journalists do it? Fcuking hell. Really wanted to get that off my chest.