Twitter (Part 1)

I’ve seen plenty of ladies working on building sites.

Comedy clubs will have to bring in laughter quotas now to make sure there’s equality of outcome for shit comedians. It makes perfect sense.

8 Likes

They did it with gigs as well. It’ll end up like tag rugby.

1 Like

I suppose jo brand is regarded as the best of the female comedians, with allison a close second? @Lazarus?

1 Like

Who is the best female comedian? I tend to like only a few comedians in general, the rest I could take or leave. Chapelle, Burr, Maron are my main ones at the moment. Kevin Bridges was ok but is in danger of turning into Peter Kay.

Diane Abbott

On the subject of great Irish female comedians, I see that our own Maeve Higgins this week began writing unintelligible dirge opinion pieces for that rag the New York Times.

Maeve’s movie is called Extra Ordinary and I quite strongly recommend it. You can find it on Netflix, in the “Critically Acclaimed” row.

The Roisin has some questions to answer but this tweet is patently untrue

There has been significant Twitter ‘metoo’ furore over the past two years about one of the co-owners there, the lad who books the comedy. A lot of bands and comedians briefly boycotted it

Correct, it was spraypainted too and posters left in all 3 of their shops. Its clearly not going away, they will have to address it somehow

I’ve heard a few whispers … was a lady allegedly accosted and very little was done to stop it?

I’d know one of the other owners but wouldn’t have much contact in recent years. He wasn’t too happy with some friends in bands who pulled shows, telling them they wouldn’t get a gig in Galway again

Ah there was plenty of stuff on Twitter about it. It’s come back up a couple of times since first broke

Tough situation to be in. Danmed if you do damned if you don’t. They own Massimos and The Blue Note too, they’ll be alright

The auld Tans are unbelievable for this shit.Its embarrassing to be around the cunts.Youd be mortified to be associated with them so you have to hang back when goin to the shop or cafe.

'appens in lahndahn all de time innit! 'Awright luv! oi Oi!

1 Like

More power to her elbow, but I cannot understand how this woman has made it in NYC or in the NY Times. How do you just land over in NYC? Green card for her?

I think Nina Conti is very funny

1 Like

I get that vibe off the cunts on holidays been all ladish. Its way too cringe. I often think what women would be impressed by that.