Twitter (Part 1)

Itā€™s a really horribly designed website. Almost as bad as this one.

@kenearlys got an awful clamping on twitter re McClean.

1 Like

linkā€¦

Laying off 300 staff or 8% of their workforce. Losing money everywhere. Buyout canā€™t be far off

Ray Darcy joined twitter yesterday. So I followed him. It took less than 24 hours, but I have unfollowed him now. It was just too much to handle, no one needs to see that puss on their timeline.

hear there in trouble as they cant seem to generate new usersā€¦this new highlight notification is bugging meā€¦

They havenā€™t converted users into profits anyway, so more users is the least of their worries.

true but in order to garner investment they would have to show that they were still growing, well in my opinion anyway

I heard the recent revenue figures were better than expected but that user growth was worse than expected.

The problem is that these companies are completely overvalued. They have 400m users but apparently they need to have double that amount.

I agree, they are in big trouble from all sides.

They were ahead of fairly low expectations though. Their burn rate on cash is incredible.

Youā€™d imagine with all the smarts they have in Twitter they could make it a bit prettier and more user friendly.

The recent appointment to their board leads me to believe theyā€™ll be bought out in the next 12-18 months

1 Like

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/Donal_Blaney/status/676701545161977856

The replies restore my faith in humans

2 Likes

@Bandage

Have you gone on Twitter to congratulate Big Dave Power on his engagement yet?

Outstanding twittering from Gary Walsh last night in reply to forum favourite Woolberto

He actually calls himself PsychoWalsh?

What a mong.

12 Likes

Actually Iā€™ve just read the tweets (there is only 3) and if anything Parkinson clamps him.

1 Like

This is the fella that was crying on Twitter about Chrissie McKeigue caling him a ā€œfree-state bastardā€ in a match before. ā€œPsychoā€ my eye.

And he lists his profession as ā€œProfessional Gamblerā€.

1 Like