Twitter (Part 1)

Itā€™s great to see so many happy kids given the times we are in. Fair play to that teacher.

3 Likes

Absolutely. What benefit does it bring to the kids? None I can see kids that age should be nowhere near twitter.

1 Like

itā€™s not for the kids, many parents would love that sort of thing, who wouldnā€™t want a peek into the classroom.
it really is a pity that something like this would give rise to accusations of creepiness or insinuations of something unseemly going on.
Most schools have a twitter account, many teachers have them for their class. i know of a school in Clare where every class teacher has one as part of the school plan.

4 Likes

So send them emails or thereā€™s surely a WhatsApp group? I honestly donā€™t understand why this needs to be open to public consumption

1 Like

It obviously has the backing of the school and community so itā€™s not just the teacher.

Social media democrats. Nuf said

1 Like

Permission or backing.

You wouldnā€™t want to raise concerns and have this narcissistic cunt target little Josh or Maryam for the next year for robbing him of a few likes on the internet

I donā€™t know, itā€™s not how Iā€™d like to do things but itā€™s certainly not unusual and itā€™s hardly creepy in reality.

Iā€™ve just now realised (thanks @Heyyoubehindthebushes) that this guy is the fella that had a spat with somebody online today, so clearly this is all to be taken with a pinch of salt, just childish nonsense

Is it not child safety etiquette 101 to not post pictures of children online in a public setting.

1 Like

I donā€™t knowā€¦ If mothers in the community take a mind to having you silenced they can easily get their way with something like this. Iā€™m surprised myself that itā€™s a thing for this reasonā€¦ Usually a busy body is quick enough to 'wont somebody think of the children"

Parents will have signed a photographic consent form.
Youā€™d probably be amazed at how few actually refuse to do so,
Itā€™s not something that most people would worry about in the least.

I had to redouble when you tagged me, I read the rest of the tread about his profession etc and thought I am not getting involved in teacher bashing :rofl: at least my comment was about the SD being fucking oddballs. Thats the crusp of it, why have a twitter account showing the good work you are doing in schools yet use it to attack someone with an opinion you disagree with. He must be one odd chap

The GAA have even brought in stuff about putting up pictures of teams online.

As far as Iā€™m aware you can put up a picture of a team before a match but canā€™t attach particular names to the photo, so the kids canā€™t be identified for child welfare reasons.

A teacher putting up pictures of his/her class online, while no doubt innocent, wouldnā€™t sit too comfortable with me, personally. Heā€™s not doing it for the benefit of the kids, IMO. Heā€™s the one getting the likes and validation off gullible parents - ā€œah isnā€™t he great with the kids. What a lovely teacher.ā€

Heā€™s entitled to his opinions whether you agree with them or not.
Thatā€™s a seperate twitter profile that he uses for the school stuff.

Most GAA clubs would have twitter pages that would have pictures of u8 player of the week etc, that kind of thing @dodgy_keeper

Sure they all have the kids plastered all over their own pages now the days of those concerns must be gone I guess. Still seems strange to me, chances of anything happening are slim but still

I get that impression too, but I didnā€™t realise it was as widespread as it is. I donā€™t see how the same canā€™t be accomplished with a blast of emails.

It is creepy. A grown man trawling through a national school class twitter account for a school or class he has no connection with

Ah fair enough, I didnt go digging into him bar what was said here, again mainly unrelated to his job. Your point on the consent for pictures is correct, he would know if he didnā€™t have the consent he would be in big trouble professionally. His job has nothing to do with him being a SD weirdo

Thatā€™s a fair point.

Itā€™s just a strange one for me, personally. I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything nefarious in what heā€™s doing but a teacher putting up photos of his students, even with the consent of the parents, is a bit of a grey area for me. Why put yourself in a position where it could prove awkward or troublesome down the line at some stage.

Youā€™d know better than me but Iā€™d imagine most kids of primary school age wouldnā€™t have Twitter accounts?

If you donā€™t think posting pictures of other peopleā€™s kids on social media to get a few likes is odd then I think that says a lot.

The guy is a complete oddball.

2 Likes