TwiX (Part 2) The bird is Xtinct

I think analysis is useful in an overall sense, are we doing enough tackles.

Where is there space on their kickouts etc.

What style of play do they have, where are they leaving space etc

But single moments of play are fairly pointless to be analysing.

Heā€™d makes out like everything is a brilliant premeditated move, where as most times you only have a splity second to make a decision. Sometimes its as simple as a gap opens up and you go for it. The better players need smaller gaps, or manage to find more of them.

2 Likes

I would be shocked if any county analyst, including Boyne himself, would ever show something like that in a video analysis session.

That particular example isnā€™t something you can really teach, itā€™s about making the right decision in the moment. And the way you teach that is by replicating the intensity of matchday scenarios in training as much as possible.

Stuff like showing weaknesses in an oppositionā€™s game is still very useful imo.

2 Likes

Jonny Cooper had a good article on this at the weekend. The closing line (quoting Top Gun) - You think, youā€™re dead.

1 Like

The other one you hear a lot on TSG is a player deliberately shot to a certain side of a goalkeeper as he knew he was weak there. Any lad will tell you that there simply isnā€™t time to do it - you are hitting it on target.

The other one players Iā€™ve spoken to mention is the influence of the crowd in a big match and that alerts you to the space or the chance. You get the ball, crowds gets noisy as you are in lots of space and you might drive on.

For penalties, maybe, youā€™d generally advise to go the goalkeeperā€™s bad side.

The vast majority them donā€™t pack the women and children anyway.

1 Like

Hurlingā€¦ Note the keepers top hand in advance

Genuinely thought the Argentinian left back followed me for a second.

2 Likes

Wait till she gets to 5 margaritas. :slight_smile:

Anyeurism, poor divil

Dublin Airport mugged off the Chef from The Restaurant although not very professional.

5 Likes

That was a childish response but a dozzey all the same.

1 Like

Tbf he has a very valid point. Prices have more than doubled in last few years for all of the car parks. The Green car park bus must show up every 45 minutes too.

I really shouldnā€™t but I wasnā€™t expecting that. It made me laugh. I donā€™t think Conor would mind.

1 Like

The Dublin Airport tweet didnā€™t last very long.

He wouldnā€™t either

1 Like

You could almost say he died doing what he loved. He must have had a belly like a bagpipe.

1 Like

Ah he wasnā€™t a huge size, had battled the booze for a good while and gotten on top of that, was always taking up various fitness challenges. Good man to carry a tune as well. Iā€™m pretty sure he did a piece with Paddy Oā€™Gorman from RTE radio one time and burned the ears off him after randomly bumping in to him on the street

4 Likes