TwiX (Part 2) The bird is Xtinct

Same with the FAI, soccer is no use to us.

Ireland sent 4 ā€˜athletesā€™ to Paris to compete in sailing events and came home with nothing, the HP programme was giving the federation ā‚¬800k per year. They sent 17 rowers and came home with 2 medals, they were getting just over 20% more in total from the program. The rowers need to consider relocating from Skibbereen to Howth.

4 Likes

To be fair, the sailors were a brainfart away from a bronze medal.

And exactly what good is that to anyone.How many kids will be inspired to go sailing?Give the money to the sports that every young person has a chance to participate in.Boxing Running etc.Not everyoneā€™s daddy has a yacht out the back.

1 Like

Would i be right in saying this is specifically money for individuals/events that have proven themselves to be or have the potential to be a medal winner. This is isnt the overall funding for each sport. Sailing figures are because Murphy won a medal the previous time.

Classic TFK. We need to give more funding to the sports.

Also wait a minute, the sailors are getting how much?

6 Likes

I find that hard to believe

1 Like

The whole Olympics meaning every country there?
How much?

I presume the bulk of their profits is endorsements. More power to them.

1 Like

Thatā€™s be a mortgage free house in Skibbereen !

I suspect some of the American basketball players have more money in the bank than that :grinning:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Dr Oā€™Donovan will be too worried about getting and repaying a mortgage

3 Likes

Would you trust him diagnosing you? ā€œpull like a dog etcā€. Getting an aircoach down to Cork. Bad decisions! Where was the olympic money paying for a lift down to Cork! It stinks!!

If my life depended on it Iā€™d take his diagnosis over yours.

8 Likes

Unless it involves actual shit :grinning:

2 Likes

Donā€™t know, someone in Irish rowing told me. It seems unlikely, but what would I know.

Not endorsements, thatā€™s different. Keely Hodg is apparently on seven figures just from Nike.

1 Like

I see the latest release of Twitters AI, Grok, has no filters in place on image generation. Thatā€™s a highly risky business. Iā€™d imagine you are leaving yourself open to serious risk of being sued.

Thatā€™s not what flatty was saying in fairness

It could be possible but how someone in Rowing Ireland could possibly know the funding for every Olympic athlete in the world is a mystery to me