TwiX (Part 2) The bird is Xtinct

It was never going to end well. :slight_smile:

He lost a race to the other guy in the boat so wasn’t picked.

Ah jaysus, really?

That will be the next shotgun up the field, area cordoned off story out of Cork. Nailed on.

Yep. What they do to pick the pairs for the boats is that they have races between all the folks vying for a place in the boat and the quickest 2 win. Paul O’Donovan was the fastest of all and then there was a dead heat between the brother and McCarthy so they had to race again and McCarthy won that so it was him that got the seat in the boat.

Didn’t know that. Thought the pairs were established. Even if McCarthy is fractionally quicker than the brother you’d think their chemistry and experience together would make them a stronger pair.

1 Like

I was thinking the same, what if the 2 fella’s in the boat hated each other, imagine a duo of @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy and @Cheasty? :slight_smile: It would be box office to watch but wouldn’t get far.

I don’t if they have any procedures to change the duo if they don’t get on or something. Someone was saying either on this thread or the Olympics one that the brother was out in Japan as an alternative if anything happened to either one of the 2 boys. Don’t know if that is true or not though.

2 Likes

You’d get the best out of them with both of them pulling like dogs to out do the other lad.

2 Likes

But would it be in the same direction?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone tell Maria the difference between a mistake and fraud?

1 Like

Do they want the feral children to say sorry for wreaking the city too?

Yeah did they only get silver in Rio? I thought they won Gold but hadn’t paid too much heed.

A fairly bizzare statement read out at the end of Liveline today penned by our first female gold medalist, briefly congratulating the Cork boys and going on to remind us all, 25 years later, of her great achievements. A self congratulatory statement on primetime radio when we had all nearly forgotten about it struck me as a fairly odd event considering the circumstances following the aforementioned great achievements

2 Likes

What, that she was xxxxxxxx XX XX XXX xxxx?

Jesus fucking Christ delete that

Oops. Ok. Forgot she was touchy.

As Tommy Tiernan said “it’s a wonder she didn’t dissolve when she jumped into the water”

7 Likes

It’s all swings and roundabouts

I hope that they played this straight after