Tyrone 2020

You are in a spin here, as I am the sporting type il let you off to compose yourself.

I’m not in a spin at all. You seem a bit rattled that the evidence points to Galway introducing diving into the game

It’s time for you to accept that Galway brought diving to the game.

The evidence? From a lad who only saw the 1983 All-Ireland for the first time this morning? Leave it so.

What does it matter when I saw it? Evidence is evidence and you just don’t like what the evidence says.

It says that your county introduced something into the game 20 years before you were claiming another county did.

I’m not surprised you want to leave it there, you’ve made an awful hallion out of yourself in this thread.

Say what you like about @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy, he’s a master of diversionary tactics

He’s a fearsome competitor, you can see how he won that medal.

Sure you were saying last night it was O’Mahony, today its poor Pat O’Neill 25 years earlier, you might start watching more games and have another victim tomorrow, your evidence can’t be trusted at all as it seems to be in the earliest stages of research.
It remains the case that 2003 saw a player dive, his opponent be incorrectly issued a red card, and him being clapped sarcastically off the field. It was an incredible difference to the manly, sporting nature of the final just 2 years earlier.

Jordan didn’t dive in 2003, he was struck in the jaw with a closed fist.

20 years before that we have evidence of a Galway player rolling around the ground after getting a flick of the boot in the back.

I think the problem is you are trying to absolve your shame at Galway bringing the game into disrepute in 1983, cheating to get poor Kieran Duff the line and you are pointing the finger at other counties to absolve your guilt.

Now @Halfpipe all you have to do is find a clip of someone diving in GAA earlier than that and he’ll be happy to accept they they invented diving in GAA.

The earliest known ‘exhibition of diving’ in Gaelic football allegedly occurred in 1980 when Pat Spillane was accused of ‘play-acting’ and time-wasting in the latter stages of the All-Ireland final against Roscommon.

While we’re unaware of Pat explicitly admitting to the charge of ‘diving’, he was nonetheless gloriously unapologetic about his display of gamesmanship, reasoning that the Rossies had gone in with the intention of rough-housing Kerry and that his antics only served to help the referee see what was happening.

A cursory glance at the footage of the 1980 final reveals that Spillane wasn’t really diving in the modern sense of the word. Rather, he merely spent longer lying on the ground after a few tackles than many of the hard chaws thought reasonable.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy is leading lads a merry dance here, he has everyone talking about diving as if the eye gouging, biting, poisoning etc etc never happened.

Jordan has made his peace with it, we can all move on. If Mickey finds a replacement for Brian White he might save his job yet.

1 Like

Jordan just has a sense of humour about things and 3 AI medals and 4 All Stars in his back pocket. Think you just begrudge Tyrone winning 3 All Irelands since Galway last won one and not being deferent to Kerry whereas Galway brought diving to the game along with deference to Kerry and Dublin.

1 Like

Jesus they loved a drop kick and a throw the ball into the goal back then… Can’t say pat play acted or dived really from them clips… Rossies left that one behind them

No one will put their names forward as long as Harte still wants it. If he withdraws, it’ll be a bloodbath.

Logie will be the frontrunner if Harte opts not to run.

Thanks for everything Mickey.

:goat:

5 Likes

Thanks for the memories Mickey

1 Like