Tyrone 2020

There was a great blend of different types of characters in that Tyrone team who were what they were and didnā€™t try and be anything else.

You always get the feeling these Kerry lads are trying to live up this cute hoor yerra persona down there, itā€™s all a fucking act to them. Nothing really more sickening that when a Kerry GAA person takes into telling one of their scripted yarns.

5 Likes

Doubt he would. He wouldnā€™t say anything I donā€™t think. Heā€™s a closed door by and large.

Thanks bro.

Iā€™d spit in your face during battle but once its over, no hard feelings.

3 Likes

Exactly. Iā€™d leave it all on the pitch.

I thought your comment to @iron_mike a day or two ago about his daughters friend suicide was spot on.

Iā€™ll see you in the Leo trenches and Iā€™ll expect no quarter.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t this lovely.

Youā€™re just waiting on a Derryman to arrive and lower the tone.

2 Likes

Joe Brollys best story was about a Derry man getting so wound up before an Ulster final against Tyrone that during Amhrain na bhFiann he dropped down and started doing press ups

Could you see him manage some other side? I would imagine there would be plenty of demand for his services. If James Horan stepped aside this year could he do a job with Mayo? Or someone like Meath/Kildareā€¦

Des is a great man

Iā€™ve seen Callan at plenty of GAA games, much to my surprise I must admit

Spot onā€¦every Tyrone misdemeanour was highlighted and Harte personally blamedā€¦he got shocking treatment and most of gaa world fell for itā€¦a great manager who unfortunately stayed on a bit too longā€¦

What RTE done to Harte was a disgrace and heads should have rolled for it. The sketch would never have been ran for anyone in a similar situation south of the border either.
But as for the rest of the conversation here, lads have lost the run of themselves completely. Harte isnā€™t the best manager from Ulster over the last 30 years, never mind to think he might be the best the game has seen.

This is absolutely correct.
Personally I thought he had earned one more year, but I wonder how he would have responded if someone had said to him to maybe try one more year and then bow out.
He seems a complex man. He certainly had a blind loyalty to Tyrone football.

Des who?

Will there be a bloodbath now in Tyrone, Game of Thrones style?

I think it happens a lot of managers who are there a long time ,they become consumed by the fear of losing as opposed to going out to win games and his tactics reflected thatā€¦the problem is Tyrone have good players coming through again and need to be more expansive ā€¦he needed to get back to the way his 05 and 08 teams played footballā€¦

So.
Was Mickey pushed or did he just fall over without being touched?

2 Likes

His legacy is lessened by overstaying his welcome. Iā€™ve spoken to a number of panelist throughout his reign who wouldnā€™t be enamoured with his philosophy on life being pushed on the panel. One fella said that the dressing room in his opinion was like a Chapel at times but he couldnā€™t argue Mickeys drive and commitment to the team.

2 Likes

Which panelists?

More bullshit from the Walter Mitty of the forum. Pay no heed. He got them to do stuff like learning national anthem and visit graves of former teammates. It was for unity purposes. Not enforcing beliefs.