Tyrone 2020

He overseen the glorious era of Tyrone football, the Golden Fleece 3 times in 6 years. He had the Indian sign on the Yerras and he got the most out of the players at his disposal.

His transition of footballing style didn’t sit with me amongst others but it is what it is. Without Dick Fosbury we wouldn’t have the high jump records we have today so in a way he’ll be seen as somewhat of an innovator.

He may have overstayed his welcome but he wasn’t the first and won’t be the last.
I wish him well as he steps into the shadows.

7 Likes

What a snake.

@Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy throw up your best Tyrone 15 there with MH

+1 on this. Definitely one of the best football managers of my lifetime, even if I wasn’t always enamored with the style.

Wonder would he make for an interesting pundit for Sky?

1 Like

Fucking Des the clown.

1 Like

The 6 forwards are practically nailed down, won’t be much disparity there.

1. Morgan

2. Ricey

3. Cormac

4. McNamee

5. Jordan

6. Gormley

7. Joe McMahon

8. C Cavanagh

9. S Cavanagh

10. Dooher

11. McGuigan

12. M Donnelly

13. Mugsy

14. Peter The Great

15. O’Neill

3 Likes
2 Likes

Kerry were every bit as cynical back then as they are , they also got every 50/50 call going because Kerry. Mickys teams were every bit as talented as Kerrys, but when you’re coming up you have to employ methods that can sometimes go against the grain because the statusquo doesn’t like newcomers. When Mickey had the players he won All Irelands and unlike Kerry, Tyrone won them the hard way.

2 Likes

Harte was a great yoke. You might not always like him but you respected him. A complicated figure but will never be forgotten. To win three all irekands with a county that had never won them before is crazy. Not to talk of dealing with all that went on in his personal life.

I never understood that as a devout Catholic his inability to forgive. Whether it be with RTE or the issue with his club/tyrone gaa back in the late 80s.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The whole reason Tyrone football was tarnished and panned as it was is down to them actually going toe to toe with Kerry at football and bettering them. No doubt Gooch was roughed up but Peter had the same at the other end of the field, the difference was Canavan could handle himself and didn’t shirk from it.

They were glorious days. The Gormley and Ricey double act breaking down mentally weak forwards was great to watch.

1 Like

The issue with RTE was their apology wasn’t an apology and never made steps to rectify or acknowledge that in any serious way.

The Kerry meeja Industrial Complex went after Tyrone from day one and the simplistic muldoons fell for it

3 Likes

A despicable bastard

The Kerry love in is quite sickening. Chaps who vote FF and have been brainwashed following the narrative all their lives. The likes of Colm O’Rourke are bigger Kerry supporters than the Kerry men themselves.

The worst of the worst.

In hindsight you’d have loved to have seen Tyrone win in 2018 to spoil the TSG circle jerk afterwards

I’d be happier for someone from close to Harte reply to that and tell him to fuck off

Kerry/Tyrone was a great rivalry, the names listed in your team above roll off the tongue. Kerry could beat every one else but they could barely leave a hand on Tyrone. They will never forgive Tyrone for that

Its probably the reason Tyrone will be more fondly remembered than the Dublin 5inarow who’s toughest opponents that whole time were Mayo, lol

3 Likes

I’ve crossed swords with you on here a bit but under it all I think you enjoy the fight.

Any sketch poking fun at a man’s daughter dying is beyond any reasonable persons level of acceptable.

10 Likes