Tyrone 2020

That midfield :joy:

3 all stars between them in the last 4 seasons. :sunglasses:

Five defenders from 8-15

2 Likes

Mickey has taken the Galway result well

1 Like

Defenders/middle third players - much of a muchness these days I suppose.

The only real players you could classify as forwards are Harte, Sludden and McCurry.

The issue for Tyrone is that they have too many of the same type of player, thereā€™s a real lack of depth in a real physical inside threat for Tyrone and with McShane and Donnelly both sidelined with long term injuries itā€™s looking bad for the year ahead.

McCurry has been playing very well and Mark Bradley is a lovely player too but I think you will struggle to accomadate all the likes of Sludden, Harte, Bradley and McCurry in the one forward line.

I expect Hampsey to pick up Mannion or Kilkenny tonight and Kennedy will move out to midfield. We will likely just leave Harte inside and funnel everyone else back. Think we should try and leave both Burns and Harte inside as an outlet.

That was their issue v Galway last weekā€¦ Fucjing the ball around all over the place trying to find one or two lads that are actually able to scoreā€¦ Hartes lack of tactics at this stage are alarmingā€¦ Just getting 14 behind the ball wonā€™t cut it this year

Their problems against Galway were not taking their chances and Conor Lane.

They had 4 goal chances and hit the post 4 times before the unbelievable decision to send McGeary off.

:relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::relaxed::wink:

Galway would want to be very worried about their defence, an off colour and limited Tyrone attack opened them up at will before Conor Lane intervened. McCurry, Cavanagh, McShane and Sludden all had glorious goal chances in the first half.

Hadā€¦

Yes they had.

You should be worried about a porous defence, teams with better attacks Tyrone last weekend will punish that type of slack defending.

When your putting up a score of 2-25 and only conceding 12 points I wouldnā€™t be overly worried yet but as you said it was only Tyrone so thereā€™s no point in getting to excited yet. Galway are going the right way at the moment, Tyrone on the other handā€¦

It was 16 v 13.

If I was a Galway man Iā€™d be worried about when Conor Lane isnā€™t around and you have to play more clinical attacks.

He didnā€™t ref any of the other games eitherā€¦ You always seem to have a problem with refs when ye loseā€¦ Iā€™m Embarrassed for you at this stage

You didnā€™t win any of the other games by 19 points against 13 men.

You scraped past Monaghan by a point, lost to Kerry and scraped past Donegal by a point.

I have a problem with unfair refs.

Weā€™ve lost plenty of games where the referee had no impact, weā€™ve won plenty of games where the referee was very harsh on us.

Conor Lane has a track record of doing Galway some ridiculous favours, that continued last weekend - you wonā€™t always get Conor Lane.

McKenna back in Melbourne

:ronnyroar:

Not the jersey you hoped to see him in @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy this year

https://twitter.com/essendonfc/status/1235373262554554368?s=19

:cry:

He seems to be extemely highly rated over in Australia. Heā€™s the difference in Tyrone winning the All Ireland, if we ever get him back in his prime years he will win a FOTY award.

1 Like