U-21 Hurling 2018

Well done Limerick. Galway piled the pressure on but Limerick were well up for it. They deserved it in the end. Best of luck in the final lads.

8 Likes

Take it handy the whole lot if ye. I didnā€™t say he didnā€™t have a good game I said he deserves a kick in the hole. He had one if not two chances to pass in field ( Iā€™m not sure to who) in the last 5 and certain scores would have come but he went for his own from a difficult angle and missed. For that he deserves a kick in the hole

1 Like

Iā€™d take that! Thought weā€™d do it this evening, but Limerick were that bit sharper. Galway lads going down with cramp probably a sign of lack of match fitness. Goalie did us no favours either. A tight tussle like that is just the tonic for Limerick, as KK have had a fucking cake walk earlier today.

Heā€™s an awful bastard. One poster Iā€™ve never really warmed to, if Iā€™m being brutally honest.

Our bench the difference when Galway were tiringā€¦

galway were sharper for more of the game. there was nothing in it tbf

Limerick lads showed good appetite for the fight there, credit due to them, their best performance of the year so far. Theyā€™ll be up against it against Kilkenny who hockeyed them 3 years ago at Minor but theyā€™ve a chance

1 Like

Told ye lads. Galway put it up to us but from two points down after Whelanā€™s goal, we outscored them 8 to 2 down the home stretch and it could have been more.

Hanley and Murphy were huge, work rate off the charts. Cian Lynch stepped it up in the last 10 minutes, he was superb in that time. Gillane and Grimes also good in that period. Bench excellent too, most notably ALTC.

Well done again limerick ye have to push on now not just at u 21 but senior

Bench made the difference alright.
Galway were out on their feet last ten minutes.
Should have won by eight or nine
Tom Morrissey is starting to become a concern

Id like to see Ronan Lynch make better use of the ball from half back. He has a touch of the Mark Foley ā€œclose-my-eyes-and-lash-it-as-high-and-as-long-as-I-canā€ trait. Gave away hard fought (fights which he was a part of) possession at key times. I think he can do better.

This shooting from half back is a nonsense too. All things bring equal Iā€™d like to see it in on top of the full forward. Let him contest it and keep the full back line and goalie honest and busy. Great when they sail overā€¦ but for me more often than not itā€™s a a giveaway.

The step up to senior will expose these bad habits in a harsher environment. He needs to adapt because he has potential.

Fuck off

2 Likes

I see the derry keeper had a pair of glasses on under his helmet today :hushed:

The Limerick team showed in the last ten minutes something they hadnā€™t all year and thatā€™s why I doubted them and am happy to have been proved wrong.

1 Like

that was an absolutely super game of hurling
shite goalkeeper the only difference between the teams
fair play to ref, let the game flow nicely

One caveat is that it was against a team who utterly gassed . I thought Limerick were not good overall tonight all told a few decent individual performances notwithstanding . Lacked intensity a bit or didnā€™t seem crisp enough.

I think we will win final though if they improve .

Another team might have folded after Whelanā€™a goalā€¦ Limerick went down the other end and wiped the goal out in 2 minsā€¦ Granted Galway tired, but thatā€™s because Limerick upped the workrate and they couldnā€™t match it.

1 Like

what the fuck kind of name is La Touche Cosgrave anyway?

Should have had two pairs by the sounds of it

A banking family name. Old French

2 Likes