U-21 Hurling 2018

I presume they did but whether they had it turned on or not , I donā€™t know because the two points that were awarded were certainly questionable.

They always give it to a forward. If Casey hadnt gone off the boil he would have got it. Nash got it for his 4 from play and he was involved in the crucial second goal but itā€™s a lazy selection as it always is.

1 Like

Casey would have been a shoo-in if he didnā€™t hit those wides.

Murphy was excellent again, scored 1-2 and took the game to Galway from the start.

Hanley was immense though, the point that Nash scored after Hanley made 3 big tackles in succession. Unbelievable stuff.

1 Like

ALTC has reportedly being going very well in training and most are bewildered how he hasnt got a spot in the half back line. He laid down marker tonight.

We need ball breaking hard workers against KK,ALTC offers bags of that compared to Lynch.

For the 4th time we again faced a team that withdrew a forward leaving Hayes relatively free. The lad obviously has talent but we have yet to see a true test of him as a centre back.

Kilkenny will go man to man; be a good test whoever heā€™s up against. I think heā€™s well able for the task, and would actually relish going toe-to-toe with a man.

He did deliver some quality ball into the forwards which is the most important thing, give the inside line a fighting chance and a good few scores of ours came from him.

Maybe he was a bit unsure positionally today though.

Thatā€™s because they are all afraid of Cian Lynch

Backtrack

Boys on the radio said that one was definitely a score.

I thought both of them were wide but if Iā€™m wrong, Iā€™m wrong

I thought one free was wide

Waa waa waa

Well done Limerick.

Delighted with some of the displays on our side despite the loss.

Never a more truer words spoken. Part of the reason we have won fuck all in 45 year. Constantly talk ourselves down.

1 Like

Ah, I see what you did thereā€¦

My take on it after a skelp of pints in Dinny As. Robbie Hanley was our best player by a mile, The fact that Limerick had 7 or 8 lads on the senior panel showed in the end vastly superior fitness. I heard an interview on the way down from Galway on Friday with the u21 manager to Sean Walsh. He specifically referenced how much S&C work they had done this year. Quiet clear that was a lie. Galway lads falling all over the place with cramp in the last 10 minutes was a damning indictment on the whole Galway set up. Referee was appalling for both teams. Some nobody earlier giving about how he cost Galway the game. He didnā€™t exactly give us a barrell load of frees either. Perhaps if Galway had of started with there best free taker ye might not have noticed the lack of scores ye got from them. Anyway still waiting for that 60 minute performance. We are a better side than Kilkenny and should be them comfortably if we play to our potential.

2 Likes

I have to say itā€™s lovely to see two counties who struggled badly in the Senior getting some crumbs of comfort out of the year.

6 Likes

Iā€™m delighted for Waterford mate. Itā€™s only yeā€™re 5th ever final so Iā€™ll excuse the over excitement from you.

10 Likes