U-21 Hurling 2018

What are u talking about? Iā€™m talking about last year under 21 leinster finalšŸ¤”

The general feeling is that itā€™s a year too soon for many of these lads and that itā€™s a pity it switches to u20 next year.

However, like when they won minors two years ago, thereā€™s still no obvious superstar as you rightly said

Instead you get a team that works hard for each other and is well drilled. Cahill has done a good job, and Bevans is well respected as a coach. For a lad from Toome, itā€™s surprising that Iā€™ve never heard anyone call him a cunt. Seems a decent fella

Limerick looked shocking tonight though pal
Just off the phone from a post match debrief with the auld lad and he was questioning the attitude of Kyle Hayes. Thought that was a tad unfair myself, a few days after Cusack Park, but does he have a bit of a petulant side?

2 Likes

The sunā€™s in my eyes, I better pull like a mad man :joy:

Kyle needs a virtual boot in the hole like Cian Lynch got from TFK. Cian has never looked back since.

1 Like

Better safe than sorry.

Limerick were atrocious, as bad as the pitiful efforts v Tipp in 2012 and 2013. Very demoralising, little or no fight. First touch non existent.

Would have no worries about Hayes. He kept fighting all the way through. The game was up after about 20 mins. He has a bit of an edge but thatā€™s a good thing for a young lad, once it is within reason. And to be fair to the lad he nearly always is.

Not sure if serious. You make pretty explicit reference to the seniors too. People have been banned for less.

I donā€™t think Kyleā€™s attitude can be questioned. He fought for every ball that came his way, and tried his best to get them back into the game. Okay, he picked up a stupid second yellow at the end but he hates losing, always has.

I wouldnā€™t have said he is petulant, the yellow out of pure frustration is actually unlike him but because he is captain, he probably felt more responsible for the defeat.

He did ok tonight but he was playing at 6 on a team that was struggling everywhere. Tipp were very well drilled tonight .

The lads will be gutted by that; to just not perform is always disappointing. Tipp were good, but itā€™s easier to take a loss if you play to your best.

I thought he did alright all things considered, but heā€™ll probably be furious himself, and he definitely is capable of much better. He was probably better further up the pitch, he won a few balls where we had struggled all day long.

2 Likes

He was very restrained all things considered. Two 50/50 yellow cards is all he got. Heā€™s a great young hurler who would have another year of u 21s if they didnā€™t go and fuck up the championship.

It wasnā€™t his fault we loss but Tipp were smart enough not to make a hero of him tonight .

I wouldnā€™t have ever questioned his attitude before. You can understand the frustration: exhaustion, well beaten, nothing going his way, two bad games. But he had a few petulant and nasty moments. It was silly stuff, but he was the captain, canā€™t be at that.

Are u drunk? How are u not banned? I was saying the seniors were unlucky v Kilkenny because if it was a level playing field as in Wexford hadnā€™t played 4 weeks in a row they would have beaten kilkenny.

He made a fool of himself at one stage trying to pull on a ball when the Tipp lad caught it clean. He was looking to strike the lad rather than compete and if he had he probably would have won the ball. It was petulant and the sending off was coming. Oā€™Meara should have been full back. Mackey not near good enough. Brian Ryan should be in midfield. They looked poorly trained and not overly bothered in truth.

He shouldā€™ve got the line for his off the ball strike on Feehan.

Wexford fucked up against Kilkenny. On the field and on the line. The 4 week thing is only an excuse.

1 Like

You have the wrong man there. It was not him.

1 Like

That was number 5 wasnā€™t it? Seemed to have a nice bit of filth about him
Was giving it big licks to Kehoe in first half

Young Grimes for Limerick did well. Another young student of lapsed poster @chocolatemice