UEFA champions league 2017/2018 qualifiers

competition really got underway in earnest last night
as documented on here previously the meteoric rise of football in Gibraltar continues.
Celtic suffered a heavy defeat to the Lincoln Red Imps in last season’s qualifiers and to prove it was no fluke FC Europe defeated Total Network Solutions FC in Wales last night.
Trepca were Kosovo’s debutants in the the elite level of football and they were defeated Vikingur in Torshavn,
There was a lot of bluster about the so called Battle of Britain with Linfield facing Celtic, the majority of those of us who have any clue know damn well that Linfield still had to beat FC Florita, notwithstanding the fact it is a team from San Marino, club football in Northern Ireland is a of a very poor standard, it has regressed dramatically since 2006, Linfield are an amateur team , this is their first game of the season and i personally will be very suprised if they get thru this tie against a semi professional outfit
1/14 shots Linfield, the club of the people are drawing 0-0 at H/T

2 Likes

mind you our colleagues from San Marino have a less than impressive pedigree in Europe
in 5 ties since 2012 they have conceded 35 goals and scored only one, that coming in a 10-1 aggregate defeat to FC Vaduz who altho represent Leictenstein play in the Swiss Challenge League

Northern ireland battle it out with Luxembourg and Lithuania to remain out of the bottom 8 lowest coefficients to keep them out of this stage
Crusaders 9-0 aggregate defeat to Copenhagen didnt help matters
San Marino are the lowest, Kosovo as it’s their first season technically are bottom as their coefficient is 0

72’ - 0-0 in Belfast

Linfield missed a pelanty a little while ago.

like all teams in Leichtenstein i may add as there is no football league system in the country
only the cup winners represent the country in European Competition

Is David Healy a player manager up there i wonder?
they may need to draft him in for the last few

@Sidney
its most disappointing that Jackie Fullerton is not covering affairs on BBC1 tonight,

ive BBC radio ulster on now

1 Like

he new Linfield 2017/18 Umbro training and leisure wear went on sale in the Windsor Superstore today.

The training and leisure wear was promoted on Linfieldfc.com on Sunday by Linfield season ticket holder and local beauty queen - 18 year old Katlyn Irvine from Newtownabbey and Katlyn is pictured below in the new Umbro polo shirt for season 2017/18.

After today’s sneak peek of part of the new Umbro home shirt, it is planned to provide imagery of the full Umbro Linfield home kit for season 2017/18 on Friday - with the kit going on sale in the Windsor Superstore on Monday - ahead of Linfield’s opening Champions League game against La Fiorita of San Marino on Wednesday.

“Follow , Follow…”

'we’re up to our necks in Fenian blood…"

the kop willing it in
86’ 0-0

Linfield have done it!

unbelievable scenes
this is real , raw stuff, the place is gone bonkers id say, men go nuts when a goal like that goes in

Jordan Stewart ( that’s a fine name) with the goal

Jackie’s a Crues man, mickee.

I imagine he’s still too upset by their capitulation to Linfield on the Smirnoff Irish League run-in to broadcast.

I’d say Katlyn is fond of an Ulster fry .

I alway’s thought Jackie was a Ballymena man ??

does anyone know if Nacho Novo is still with Glentoran?

Is he not dead?