UEFA champions league 2017/2018 qualifiers

In fairness they are offensive and provocative banners and Celtic should be fucked out of the competition if they can’t control the lepjacks who follow them.

3 Likes

What does Scotland have to do with it?

Celtic will be fully behind the brilliant banners.

Sure they’ve mocked up similar in the past themselves for the club magazine.

1 Like

So they’re as stupid as their fans.

1 Like

Griffiths banned for a game for tieing the scarf to the post in Belfast last week. :laughing:

If you are ever in south Armagh or South East Tyrone near Galbally you would see why. They would be staunch republican areas and around Crossmaglen there are caution signs like the ones above with Sniper at work emblazoned on them.

2 Likes

It’s a lovely part of the world and I would encourage anyone who has never been to come for a visit.

3 Likes

How long of a drive is it from Dublin?

2 Likes

An actual drive in a car or a theoretical journey on a famed computer mapping app?

1 Like

Ah you’d make it in an hour and a half but I’m not a Nervous Norman who respects speed limits.

+1.

I am often left astonished at how many cork people I work with who have not being to the 6 counties. I know its a long drive but some of these same people have been in Georgia, Armenia and fucking Burkino Faso.

I remember going to FAE lectures in Belfast and I used to stay in the Carrickdale hotel on the border and drive into Crossmaglen which was a lovely diversion in my spare time in the evening. Stunning countryside, very warm welcoming people. All want to know your story.

2 Likes

There’s a reason they want to know who you are and why you’re there…

Stakeknife

Maybe 20 years ago yes but these days no.

For real? Nice countryside in South Armagh? I was up in Down and Antrim a couple of weeks ago and loved it, hadn’t been up North in a good few years, very warm people in general, great places to eat and beautiful scenery, proper English style seaside towns as well.
I’ve never strayed far from the coast up north though,

Dembele not training today. With Griffiths banned we could be back to playing Sinclair up front tomorrow night which is far from ideal.

Dembélé and Sviatchenko are injured according to several online blog type sources.

Who should we start up top?

I think my order of preference would be:

1. Forrest
  2. Sinclair
  3. Atchison
  4. Anyone else.

Out of the wingers Sinclair is probably most suited to playing there but I think we’re sacrificing most in his wide production if we move him.

Rodgers is hinting at Rogic as a false nine. I’d be okay with that as long as Sinclair, Armstrong, Forrest etc are making runs beyond him.

Sinclair wasn’t good upfront last year and he was moved back to the wing half an hour into that first Hearts game. Roberts did quite well in the rest of that game and in the follow up away game at Tynecastle.

I don’t think Forrest would be suited to it. I’d say he’d be a bit headless and get caught offside a lot.

Ajer starts.

1 Like