UEFA champions league 2017/2018 qualifiers

Lovren has been some bombscare so far.

0-1.

Alexander-Arnold from a freekick.

Oooft

A smashing goal from the young man.

I don’t like the much applauded atmosphere you get at German games. I much prefer to hear the crowd reacting to things that happen on the pitch than constant noise and no noticeable increase in sound as the team get further up the pitch or a chance is made

yeah i was a koln game once and it was poor, reminded me of an NBA game with some eejit telling you to make noise in german

Tommy Martin asking Lenny about his victory at Sevco last weekend and then cupping his ears and saying he didn’t hear the reply. Tommy is excellent. :clap: :laughing:

Disastrous own goal by the Young Boys boy.

Hapoel B7 2 Maribor 1
smashing game in the desert , Maribor went 1 up after 10 and will be happy to take that back to Teatanic ( i think) after surviving a battering for 80 minutes and coming out in good shape
Nwakaeme (i think he is still the top scorer in the competition after tonite) hit this screamer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzWjupqgtVA

1 Like

Napoli beat Nice 2-0. They will be disappointed not to have scored 5 or 6 having dominated throughout against the former Italian stronghold (Nizza). Missed several clear cut chances, Milik with the miss of the season in the second half. Nice finished with 9 men, having had two players dismissed during the same incident in the 80th minute. Balotelli and Scheijder will both be back for Nice for next weeks return leg, it won’t be plain sailing but Naples finest should still advance.

I think Celtic needed one of Liverpool, Napoli, Sevilla or Olympiacos to lose to jump to Pot 3. However, all of them have first leg leads and Liverpool and Sevilla both won 2-1 in tough away matches. Napoli should hold off Nice after winning 2-0 at home so the most likely tie to go in Celtic’s favour is Rijeka-Olympiacos.

The Greeks scored a last minute winner at home to win 2-1. It was a brutal goal to concede with a defender wafting a leg at a cross, getting a slight cricket-like slice/edge on the ball and diverting it onto a striker’s forehead. It kind of hit him and went in without him knowing much about it.

@Gary_Birtles_Lovechi, have they changed the seeding method? I read elsewhere online that Barca might be in Pot 2 because they didn’t win La Liga but weaker league winning sides from other countries will be in Pot 1.

It’s all here for you chief.

Barca in pot 2, national champions in pot 1 which are, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Benfica, Monaco, Spartak Moscow and Shakhtar Donetsk.

Pot 1 contains the title holders and the champions of the top seven associations based on their 2016 UEFA country coefficients. As the title holders, Real Madrid, are one of the champions of the top seven associations, the champions of the association ranked eighth are also seeded into Pot 1 .

1 Like

Unreal.

So Celtic could be in Pot 4 and get anything ranging from Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Spurs to Spartak Moscow, Porto and Anderlecht. The disparity in group difficulty could be massive.

cc @mickee321.

Exactly, there’s going to be some brutal groups. You just have to hope Celtic get a kind draw.

Nobody will want to draw Celtic.

Celtic are to be feared, they got the McGregor steel behind them

I think @Matty_Hislop gave you your answer there :nerd_face:

I really think Napoli should concentrate on Serie A this season, they can genuinely win it this year despite not strengthening the squad as of yet. The quarter finals (or semis if they get a kind draw) is the limit of their European Cup ambitions.

Rosenborg beating last season’s Europa League runners up in Amsterdam.

And ?

Weren’t you belittling Celtic for struggling past Rosenborg?

1 Like

Yes he was

I said the game was poor . I said Dundalk missed a good chance v Rosenburg . I stand by both statements still .