UEFA champions league 2017/2018 qualifiers

The 6th best team in the EPL broke the world transfer record last season.

Bizarre posting by the hun Tory

In his eagerness to be anti Celtic he now looks like an idiot

Yes, he got a little too giddy when Celtic drew at home to Rosenborg and now has to face the schadenfreude.

1 Like

sigh .

I couldn’t give two fooks about Celtic or Rosenborg ,I still think Dundalk missed a great chance v Rosenborg and Rosenborg looked poor v Celtic in 2nd leg . A one off result versus a downsizing Ajax team , which granted I didn’t see , doesn’t change my view .

You have a lot to say when it comes to Celtic.

Odd denials.

1 Like

Backtrack

Am I debating the same loon here under two aliases ?

Beaten docket

1 Like

Glad you acknowledge that . Night .

I wouldn’t call it a debate, mate.

You’re getting entangled in your web of contradictions.

1 Like

Keep telling yourself that and you will believe it . 100 lines . :sunglasses:

I don’t have to tell myself, I only need review the audit trail.

Man U will get a handy group

I understand that next season’s co-efficient rankings (cc @mickee321) are weighted much more towards an individual club’s European performance rather than taking such a material account of the country co-efficient. So Celtic could do with getting an away win this evening and accumulating more points to put towards this, especially as I think we lose our 2012/2013 points for beating Barcelona and qualifying for last 16 next season under the 5-year rule.

@mickee321, is it true that there will be 2 less places under the “champions route” next season and an extra round to negotiate? So Celtic would have to come through 4 ties to get to the group stages with a couple more clubs from strongish leagues floating around there? Is it the 14th and 15th ranked leagues that are losing their automatic spot? Yes, Celtic ideally need to gather as many co-efficient points as possible to ensure a seeding throughout these preliminary rounds next season.

Kick off in the Astana Arena is 4.30pm today Celtic Park time. Coverage on TV3, eirsport and BT Sport.

Hi bandage
very informative post there
what i do know is of next season is that for the 2nd qualifying round, (ie the round Rosenberg beat Dk this year), if you are beaten in this round you automatically progress to a Europa League Playoff round system instead of having your interest ended, this is UEFA’s way of recognising lower leagues and making european football slightly more attainable, what’s the point in qualifying for europe if you are out on your hole after 2 matches barely breaking even?"
Previously this only happened after the 3rd qualifying round ( this season after Celtic beat Rosenberg , Rosenberg are now taking on Ajax in a Europa League qualifier and winning which BTW highlights the strength of the Irish club game)
now all the teams that come in in the 2nd qualifying round are on the “champions route” but seeding is a huge issue here, Dundalk for all their efforts last year came in to this years draw undseeded thanks to their late defeat in israel, instead of drawing Gap Connah’s Quay or Linfield they drew Rosenberg…
, its in the 3rd qualifying round we see the seperation between champions and non champions , the non champions route is obviously brutallly difficult with la liga and ligue une clubs in there, u dont want that
Ideally Celtic need to avoid the 2nd qualifying round and enter at the third qualifying round stage …but id imagine celtic will always be seeded, problem is now you have cuntish teams like Hapoel Beer Sheva, Maribor, who will be unseeded at this stage who can do a number on anyone

i need to study it more Bandage

1 Like

No Simunovic. Is that because of the astro surface, an injury or a possible sale to Burnley? :eek:

Ajer joining Bitton at the back.

McGregor in for Rogic is the only other change from the first leg.

Astro surface is the Simunovic reason I hope.

Huge crowd in the 51 for this one

???

Ssssssiiiinnnncccllllaaaiiirrrrrr