UEFA Champions League 2018/2019 Round of 16

As far as I know Geoffrey is a rugby man. He wouldn’t be attuned to the minutiae of the Bundesliga.

4 Likes

Correct mate, I was on the Südtribüne to see their collapse from 3-0 up after 75 minutes to 3-3 against Hoffenheim last Saturday. Clearly a team lacking any defensive stability coming into tonight’s match.

1 Like

Spuds look a better team without the bottler Kane.

1 Like

Some result for Spurs. Bringing Kane back in will be their downfall

Spurs will walk it now.

I believe I predicted Dortmund to advance via lottery. The Bundesliga is absolutely shit, even worse than I thought although they were missing a few of their best players and Spurs are obviously a much better side without Kane

Going on the result last night Liverpool should walk all over Bayern

You can see how Keita has struggled moving up to a biggger league.

1 Like

No Van Dijk though. Liverpool need a clean sheet at Anfield.

Matip and Fabinho at the back?

Probably. Not sure if Degsy :grin: will be ready .

What a life it would be if he was.

1 Like

was working till after 10pm so only got to watch the royal madrid game on delay
that was pretty sublime last night in fairness - there is an arrogance about that team that you have to admire and it just comes from a tradition of winning
Look Ajax huffed and puffed but yeah like madrid do they ride it out - that goal from benzema was unreal - the football and the buildup to get there was top notch as well - there are a few old legs in that team that may get caught for a bit of pace but would you bet against them? not a fucking chance

1 Like

The only team I’d back against Real Madrid in a knockout tie is Barcelona. They just know how to win

Solari seems to be doing a very good job at Real. Not afraid to ruffle a few feathers either.

Dropping Marcelo was a big call. A great player but has been terrible this season. Benzema is in some form. He spent a long time making Ronnie look good

The champions league has been destroyed as a tournament with all the filler teams and matches, but we are finally nearly down to the good stuff now. This is the last round of mismatches, there’s a danger (particularly looking at Dortmund last night) that Schalke will be destroyed by City, and Barca should have too much for Lyon, Liverpool v Bayern who’ve finally found their stride a bit in Germany should be good. But Juve v Athletico is the tie of the round. It’ll be a low scoring epic.

1 Like

Lyon have beaten PSG and Man City this season. With their results in Europe over the last few years I’d say Barca will find that tie tough going

It won’t be a stroll in the park or anything, this Barca team is certainly not as good as previous versions, but I’d still be shocked if they didn’t come through the two legs by at least a two goal margin

absolutly the turnaround in form post christmas has been very noticeable
i like seeing old orders restored and the way they beat athletico recently and that win last night and the fashion it was done should be in the things that are right thread