Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

More BBC bias

Ya all over looking for a gym yesterday :joy:
We spent some time at Uniteds place as well, nice spot. Was staying in Hillsbouragh, lovely area. Was staying at the top of that “biggest hill in the north” housing area. The english really knew how to build a house.

1 Like

Ah jaysus @caoimhaoin your not turning into @Tassotti now as well? :grinning:

They do things properly in England

4 Likes

Sheffield a great music city.

5 Likes

No i’ll stay here, just to maintain some balance if nothing else😂
In simple terms from a functional place to live Ireland must have the most red tape and biggest restrictions on getting thru day to day.

It seems to be a common Catholic country thing where everytjing is deeply complicated. Like a driving licence or starting a business or whatever. In Ireland its about turning people off.

2 Likes

That they do. No argument there.

Here it’s all set up so to suit the local TD. Getting you through the red tape makes them look great when they are the fuckers who put it there in the first place

1 Like

Observer poll tomorrow 43 to 37

That’s ICM they use isn’t it? They’ve been showing bigger leads previously. Interesting

Optimum i think

Just looked at it. Opinium. Two points in the week

1 Like

Well now…

Telegraph poll puts it at 45 to 36 with the Tories up 3pts in a week. Think we can take all polls with a pinch of salt as in 2015 and Brexit.

I’m surprised myself the pollsters are being taken seriously as they are after the last election and Brexit

It’s those in the media bubble wetting themselves.

1 Like

What YouGov are doing looks quite plausible to me.

Their model (as opposed to their poll) is based on a sample size of 50,000 and works off an assumed turnout among 18-24 year old voters of 51%.

YouGov’s polls in the last month of the Brexit referendum mostly predicted a Leave victory and any polls they did that suggested a Remain win were by very narrow margins.

ComRes who have been giving the Tories bigger leads than other polling companies were very badly caught out by the Brexit referendum. Their final poll predicted a 54-46 win for Remain and they predicted double digit margins for Remain in multiple previous polls.

We’ll have to wait and see.

A former senior investigating officer from the Met lays into May here. Accuses her and the Tories of flat out lying about the number of armed police officers.

Corbyn has made a speech this evening and rightly exposed the hypocrisy of the UK’s connections to Saudi Arabia.

He needs to force these points home over the coming days and not bow to the cynical political correctness of the Tories and the right-wing press when it comes to deciding what should and shouldn’t be up for discussion.

The Tories have decimated the UK police, cultivated and enabled Islamist fighters themselves and prop up the regime that’s at the heart of spreading extreme Islam and there’s no fucking way they should be let off the hook for it.

1 Like