Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

I thought she had a cigarette in her right hand there, then realised it was some dust on my screen.
She is unbelievable though, the one saving grace of this entirety bizarre set up.

God be with the days when the Tories had anything other than basic brainstem function

They have the skates on. They know the longer this goes on, the more likely he is to lose, as MPs get contacted by constituents.

Not hanging around anyway

Needs more balance - he nearly died, had 2 kids, was doing his best, give Boris all the troops wages

A “fact” sheet.
Get on with cutting taxes? :joy:

Jeremy Hunt voting against BOJO

Some tremenjus blue on blue action on twitter today

Boris will almost certainly win which means he’ll be judged in the next general election. Labor only win if Starmer gets the bullet.

Dorries is doing more harm than good with her tweeting and she’s on Sky News after these ads.

Strap in.

We need to draw a line under the distractions that i myself caused as they are undermining me

1 Like

If he loses or indeed wins, she’s going to be box office. A scouse Tory.

The only thing that will be more entertaining than Boris remaining would be Liz Truss becoming PM.

The Conservatives are truly fucked.

There’s a good podcast by David McWilliams on Boris and Brexit on recently.

3 Likes

Johnson will win comfortably. Even if the unlikely event he doesn’t win comfortably, he only needs to win by one. Had May won by one she was gone. Not Johnson. The rules are completely different for Johnson than they were for May. The rules are always different for the unshameable. The “rules” are straight out of the schoolyard.

As I’ve said since the start of this, the important people here are the Tory press, specifically those who own it, and given that none of the alternatives look a good fit for them either because they’re too “moderate” (Jeremy Hunt, Ben Wallace, Tom Tugendhat), weak (Sajid Javid, Rishi Sunak, Nadhim Zahawi), hapless (Liz Truss, Dominic Raab) or hated (Michael Gove, Priti Patel), the Tory press, after a short period of wavering last winter, will continue to stick with Johnson and enable him to brazen it out.

There’s an article in the FT pointing out that he may not resign even if he loses. He doesn’t have to as it’s an unwritten constitution.
That would be epic.

It suits Labour to leave him in there. The Tories will get a hammering like in 1997 if he is still in situ.

2 Likes