Uk affairs, The Double Lizzie Crisis (Part 1)

Some Tory on LBC calling for the voting age to be raised to 21.

You can join the British Army at 16.

The pub in the station is hopping there today. Called in for a quick pint before heading out to herselfs parents place. Couple of old Irish bars in the city too that I’ve been to. 2nd /3rd generation. Did you walk around it much?

1 Like

A woman complains to a Tory canvasser about cuts to care for disabled children.

He responds: “Do you want an IRA supporter running the country?” :smile:

4 Likes
1 Like

Leo Varadkar must be tempted to retweet this.

1 Like

Ok Sid we get it. You believe in the magic money tree.

I advocate the very opposite of a “magic money tree”, mate. Higher taxes to fund good public services.

But you and the Tories clearly believe in a “magic money tree”, given your obsession with cutting taxes, especially for those on higher incomes?

That’s worked out really well everywhere it’s been tried, hasn’t it? :grin:

Still, everybody is free to believe in their own religion, even if it’s obviously nonsense.

2 Likes

More BBC bias

Ya all over looking for a gym yesterday :joy:
We spent some time at Uniteds place as well, nice spot. Was staying in Hillsbouragh, lovely area. Was staying at the top of that “biggest hill in the north” housing area. The english really knew how to build a house.

1 Like

Ah jaysus @caoimhaoin your not turning into @Tassotti now as well? :grinning:

They do things properly in England

4 Likes

Sheffield a great music city.

5 Likes

No i’ll stay here, just to maintain some balance if nothing else😂
In simple terms from a functional place to live Ireland must have the most red tape and biggest restrictions on getting thru day to day.

It seems to be a common Catholic country thing where everytjing is deeply complicated. Like a driving licence or starting a business or whatever. In Ireland its about turning people off.

2 Likes

That they do. No argument there.

Here it’s all set up so to suit the local TD. Getting you through the red tape makes them look great when they are the fuckers who put it there in the first place

1 Like

Observer poll tomorrow 43 to 37

That’s ICM they use isn’t it? They’ve been showing bigger leads previously. Interesting

Optimum i think

Just looked at it. Opinium. Two points in the week

1 Like