University Challenge

Epic battle here between London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and Nottingham University.

What a programme.

1 Like

Forum member Count of Monte Cristo the subject of a question there.

Lazarus will be happy at Nottingham pulling away to win but no small consolation for the losers as they go through the back door system as one of the best losers. It’s goodbye to Round 1 already and we’re only just into October.

Great comeback from the Londoners to make a match of it but I think Nottingham always had that bit extra in the tank and their opponents will have been tired from such a long pursuit.

Good battle. A little surprised that 155 was a comfortable best runner-up. As likeable as the Hygienists were they’re not likely to go much further sadly.

Surprised Manuel Zelaya hasn’t weighed in on this topic, he’s probably overcome by the intense glee of watching such an auspiciously elitist programme.

The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine have made a swift return to our screens.

Mick Wallace on here representing the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. He looks fairly slovenly with his long hair. I’d say he doesn’t wash.

you liar sid…

I am not a liar.

That’s the second time in the last few months I’ve correctly got the Laffer curve as an answer. And I got Padua. Ah lovely.

It’s a sure sign of dumbing down that Cambridge students can’t recognise the voices of characters from well known operas.

Homerton’s captain strikes me as a bit of a cunt.

Add the number of EU states to the number of official EU languages. 50. I incredibly guessed right.

Despite a late rally it’s Eckhoff to the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, cleaned out tonight. Disappointing performance by Mick Wallace, seemed a bit of a passenger.

The lad at the end for Homerton seems very bright but lacking completely in social graces.

It’s a problem that’s far from unique to him on this programme. With all the time devoted to learning off Kings and Queens from the Middle Ages, the terms of the Magna Carta, elements of the periodic table and the entire 18th and 19th century output of European classical music, social etiquette tends to be neglected by many contestants and they often come across as snotty, and indeed snooty. This haughtiness can be grating on the viewer.

Corker of an episode tonight but better team just shaded it in the end.

It was a stirring comeback by the team with the cunt wearing a polo neck under a jacket. You know it’s a good one when the voiceover guy starts shouting out the names of the people buzzing in with a very excited tone in his voice.

The polo-necked guy took a load of guesses where he was way too confident and overruled his team-mates. Not interruption ones but still… bad play.

Good battle here between University College London and Warwick. Nice touch to see UCL with the mascot. The team captain is a nice throwback to the mid-80s. Seems like a bit of a free spirit.

I thought he was one of the biggest cunts to grace the great quiz in a long time. I’ll take great pleasure in watching them lose later in the series.