Unpopular opinions or views you hold

They are so nice, they’ve washed out and filled baby bottles for me and wouldn’t take any money and the stewards are really helpful with small children.
They are also helpful in Limerick. In Nowlan Park and Semple they are extremely unhelpful.

Long trip alright but plenty places harder to get to. You can fly or train from Dublin to killarney

Tullamore is as good a spot as you’ll find location and decency wise. The terrace behind the road end goals however is a massive drawback as is the Gale that is forever blowing through it.

O’Moore Paek is much under appreciated which ever way you look at it.

A packed Parnell park is a great venue , especially under lights .
Tullamore used to have a tunnel that ran from dressing room to the field . It was pitch black in there if a few lads were in front of you. I’d say there’s been some digs in it over the years

2 Likes

It’s a dump

What the fuck is unpopular opinion about the last 100 odd posts? Not a single arguable or contentious post.

Is that not carlow? Tunnel is still there

1 Like

Other than Croke Park, PUC (if you ignore the long walk through an industrial estate to get there) and Tullamore, with its magnificent tea & bun room under the stand, all GGA stadiums are dilapidated dumps. Long may it continue.

Tullamore defo had it before . Over in the far left corner if you were sitting in the stand.

1 Like

Two things:

• Newbridge is a kip. It’s like a Leitrim club ground and that says something. There is obviously something rotten in Kildare GAA if that is the best ground they could come up with until now, given the amount of money in the county.

• Slane is not a kip. In fact it is a lovely little village.

3 Likes

For facilities it’s the worst. For atmosphere it’s in the top 2.

1 Like

Going on me list I had in top grounds you can see I like the tight grounds. I couldn’t give a bollocks really as long as I can get a good seat, facilities are a far second to a good atmosphere for me.

Bizarre comment about the GG’s surroundings. Ennis Road/Clareview/Caherdavin are very decent areas. No different to what you’d see in Ballinlough/Blackrock area around PUC.

2 Likes

Not many seats in Ennis. Stand holds 3,000. Views from the other three terraces are not the best

1 Like

I was only there for Wexford vs Clare in the league last year mind. Got a seat in main stand, happy out. I’d say for a Munster championship game you’d need to be there early alright.

1 Like

Every fella thinks he has the prettiest wife at home

I’m sure the Ennis Road area is nice enough place to live, but a main road lined with middle/upper class housing and no pubs doesn’t make for a great atmosphere builder.

2 Likes

Bollox. Every fella thinks every other fella’s wife is a princess

This explains a lot about you

I’m hardly every fella, come on now…