Unpopular opinions or views you hold

Was it something to do with so many of them going to third level from the 60s on? Some change in the uk system of secondary education or college fees. They all met in QUB etc and coaching and standards improved. Some nordie fella told me that anyway

It is impossible impose hurling in clubs who have no interest in it or vise versa. If they want to try and grow hurling I think you probably have to target larger population areas and try and grow it in medium sized towns rather than rural football clubs who are already squeezed for numbers. Primary schools used as a gateway with real emphasis being places at secondary level and possibly clubs being set up or linked to the secondary schools.

I said if here before but a fairly simple thing the gaa could do each year that would cost sweet fuck all is play either the division 1 hurling league semi finals each year in non traditional hurling counties and give every under 16 in the county a free ticket so they can go and see the stars of the game in person. Would do plenty to grow underage numbers and build a bit of momentum.

Between the US and the UK I have met many decent hurlers from non hurling strong holds and all of them have a love of hurling which was cultivated at a young age either by a teacher or a hurling fanatic fighting against the tide who managed to get through to a few young lads. But there simply aren’t enough of these folk in non hurling areas.

3 Likes

Limerick couldn’t play Antrim in Antrim where there pitch was unavailable. Had to be within the province of Munster.

It’s a tiny thing but Limerick playing Antrim in Antrim would attract a bigger crowd surely.

They’ve been losing to Ulster opponents since Down in the 1960’s. It’s actually a tradition now that Kerry come unstuck against crack Ulster opponents. No such problem against Connaught opponents lately.

1 Like

Tradition is meaningless. Utterly meaningless.

7 Likes

Offffffft

2 Likes

Yes art it was short odds you’ve be a person to search desperately out of context posts to try and look smart.

short odds or

tradition

4 Likes

The pig headed gaa fans are circling. They want government grants to fund everything but when it comes to growing the games we can’t do that even do rugby has done it all over the country.

They’d rather the game of hurling died than more people play it.

Stick to supporting woman beaters.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

What’s your point here art? England missing a player. Some support.

Unlike your constant tirade against all women for the
Last decade on here.

thats about as true as you losing the family farm betting

The masks slips as per usual.

Glas had your card marked years ago.

You despise woman and then desperately try and make out I support a woman beater to make yourself feel better.

youre a right snarky fucker when youre called out on your bullshit

glas is the biggest misogynist on here parcelled up in a nice white knight costume amd amyone wo buys that woman hating line from him is thick as a ditch, so not really a surprise to see you parrotting it

2 Likes

Go way trying to misrepresent somebody as supporting a woman beater trying to score points.

Of course you’ve probably tried to make a career out of misrepresenting people.

Go way and correct a few posters spellings on here I’ve no interest in dealing with posters like you.

and yet you keep replying. you not the brightest button in the box by a long chalk

1 Like

Organized Crime Fist Bump GIF by Law & Order

1 Like

“away”

2 Likes