Unpopular opinions or views you hold

I found that I had to delete the ap that I had installed last year on the phone and tv. When I reinstalled it, it works perfectly with no hitches

The GAA championship was better when it was all knock out games. Lose wan and you are gone.

3 Likes

Champions League hasn’t been free to air in the UK for almost a decade now. I think association football was far more competitive and in a better place as a whole before the flood of subscription money.

The hurling championship is in a decent place right now but the Round Robin is an abomination in the football. That would be my main gripe at present.

1 Like

GAAGo is a good idea.the quality is a bit crap as it keeps freezing during games.maybe this will improve in time.im just against them using the munster championship to sell the product.like what neutral in their right mind would pay to watch football outside of the top 2 or 3 teams.

there is a lot of intercounty games.not a hope rte can show them all…so it is here to stay…

i suppose the only argument against paying is how can they charge to view these games as both Rte and the gaa (who both own gaago) are both funded by the tax payer.?and they want to charge the tax payer to watch these games?

Football maybe. The festival of hurling we are being treated to in round robin is fantastic.

1 Like

Huh? Sure a lot of Joyce’s games were televised

For the viewer, it was unbelievably good. For the players; not so much.

Football needs to move the round robin element to the provincial championship level and then have a straight knockout A/I series.

The football round robin adds very little. If they want more games fine, but do it earlier in the championship.

3 Likes

Outside of rose tinted glasses it certainly wasn’t ‘unbelievably good’ either

The last season of straight knockout in 2000 was fairly unreal I’d have said. Offaly knocking out reigning champions Meath, Leitrim beating league champions Roscommon and Antrim scalping Down to win their first championship game in 8 years. I’d have said that was more so to do with the greater equality at the time. Although the straight knockout 2020 championship was enjoyable enough thanks to Cavan and Tipp winning the provincials. Although the flip side was that it led to two poor All-Ireland semi-finals.

Jeopardy creates excitement.

1 Like

If their lives dont provide them this they incite violence. Common sense. Simple common sense

The second last year was shite though

I’m too much of a philistine to understand that reference but it reads well.

1 Like

Before my time but off the top of my head Mayo beat reigning champions Galway, Laois took Dublin to a replay, Armagh won their first Ulster title in decades and Cork ousted Kerry which is always good for a championship. The 1998 championship was even better again. A completely different landscape to today though which makes the straight knockout point sort of moot.

1 Like

The solution is obvious- keep the provincial championships but give first seed places to the ulster finalists, secind to connaught and third to leinster and munster. Details to follow, maybe

Your knowledge is zahnreel :clap::clap::smiley: Surely youre a scor trath na gceist winner.

1 Like

Bogball gets more viewers than irish shinty

We need to go back to knock out

I think the intent is on a gradual phasing out of the provincials.

They have essentially created a separate championship now of four groups of four outside of the provincials. There is a link there still but it is easily broken.

Also how would round robin in Leinster work versus Munster? Dublin playing ten matches hammering everyone.