US Open 2020

I’m not sure why you keep up this comparison to tennis, its moronic. Golf is a completely different game to tennis, it’s a cerebral game more like chess. They can all hit the ball a mile off the tee and generally get the ball into the hole in par or better. It’s the mental side of the game that distinguishes players like Rory who stay at the top for more than a decade. He’s ranked #4 in the world today, because he consistently finishes at the top of the leaderboard and wins tournaments. Your preoccupation with majors is frankly embarrassing.

4 majors in both sports.

Hewitt and Roddick won their majors when the field was weak in the youth of their career over a short span of time and never really threatened much again with a more talented generation arrived on the scene after. McIlroy won his majors in the youth of his career over a short span of time and has not really threatened since a new generation of golfers have emerged.

There are massive parallels between McIlroy and Hewitt/Roddick, they garnered success in a weak field but fell away when superior players came about.

1 Like

Wow. You’ve never mentioned Hewitt or Roddick in relation to McIlroy before. What a novel approach

2 Likes

Your comparison between tennis and golf is so bizarre. You do realise golf isn’t a match play event?

It’s very hard to win a Major in golf. There’s probably 30-40 players in every major that could win it. In tennis there’s probably not more than 3 or 4 that can win.

Something like 30 different players have won the last 40 majors in golf. McIlroy along with Brooks Koepka was the most successful winner of majors in the decade just gone, both winning 4 each.

In tennis, 6 players accounted for all
40 majors in the decade just gone and 3 of those players won 33 of the 40.

1 Like

Not the case we just happen to be in the golden generation of men’s tennis with probably the three greatest of all time competing together.

From 98-2003 tennis had 14 different men slam winners (inc Roddick and Hewitt).

In the women’s game you could throw about 15-20 names into a hat to pick a winner out these days.

Why do you keep referring to this generation in golf as some sort of golden generation ? I’d say of the last 20 majors there’s been 10 different winners.

I didn’t say it was a golden generation. I just said it’s a generation who are superior to McIlpube.

It’s amazing how stupid you are made look commenting on various sports because of people’s religion or where they go to school.

Since 2015, 16 different golfers have won majors.

I’m not surprised. It’s been very open for a decade or so.

I think it’s amazing how loyal you are to a guy with pubes for hair who plays a game which only really interests pensioners, corpororate pigs and social climbing idiots.

27 different golfers in past decade (2011-2020). That’s out of 37 tournaments. Very few multiple winners in that period

Why do you care about his hair? It’s utterly bizarre.

Tiger Woods changed things drastically.

He’s got a hook in you and hes reeling you in. Just say ok and move on. Ridiculous shit

25 golfers won the 40 between 2001-2010.

1 Like

That isn’t as drastic as the narrative would have you believe

Good work with the numbers. Savage dedication of a Sunday morning

I like fluvio but this stuff is just weird. He tried to diminish his achievements because of his back round.

If he was a catholic from the north that supported Celtic He’d be claiming he’s the greatest golfer of all time.