US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

:rollseyes: You do know its possible to be critical of Trump and at the same time criticise what came before. By sticking your head in the sand and screaming that Trump is the root cause of all evil and everything was fine before he came along you are exonerating a barbaric and unjust system. It appears that in your mind putting kids in cages under Obama was fine, locking families up indefinitely was fine etc etc. Seperating kids from parents under Trump you clearly think is terrible and inhumane. Which you’re right it is. But why is it that you can’t bring yourself to condemn not just Trump but the system as a whole which didn’t just get this way overnight.

1 Like

Why are you afraid of the truth?

Has anyone disputed that forced seperation is terrible? Or that the Trump adminstration introduced it as policy? I also happen to think that locking families up indifinitely is terrible policy. Would you not agree?

Here’s the thing. You and several other posters have tried to claim that Trump’s policy was started by Obama.

That’s factually wrong.

You are factually wrong on this.

And yes, that is an attempt to defend Trump. It’s an outright attempt to defend him. It’s advancing an “argument” that isn’t an argument. It’s advancing a deliberate lie.

Any attempt to defend Trump will always involve propagating deliberate lies.

So you’d be better off to just stop doing it.

Please point out any lies i have told. I look forward to your response.

Read the above post.

Obama has nothing to do with this.

You’re having terrible trouble getting your head around this.

It’s a shameless attempt to spread a lie.

You can’t debate with lies.

You can only call them out as lies.

You are lying.

This is a Trump policy. Stop trying to defend Trump.

Wheres the lie? Mistreatment of migrant children has been happening in the Shiloh facility long before Trump got into power. Maybe read the article you responded to with your “but Obama” comment. Or the expose on Shiloh from 2014 which you conveniently ignored that was posted not long after. The system was broken long before Trump. As I said previously the one good thing about Trump may be is that a lot of this is now in the spotlight because of him ramping things up. But to pretend it wasnt going on before is delusional. Thats not an endorsement of Trump. Its a fact.

The lie is that you and others are saying that what Trump was doing was Obama policy - which is a deliberate outright lie.

It’s a Trump policy and a Trump policy alone.

You know full well that you are propoagating a deliberate outright lie, so there’s fuck all point debating with you, because you aren’t interested in the truth, you’re only interested in defending Trump by any means possible.

The “But Obama” response was to ridicule people ike you. And then you unironically ran with it. Satire doesn’t begin to explain you.

Ah go away out of that. I have never said that. Now you are blatantly telling lies. I can only speak for myself mind you. I dont have your talent for speaking for others. I have pointed out that policies that came before were not all that much better. Do you think they were? A simple yes or no will suffice. For it to be fixed removing Trump would be a start but by focussing all the attention on him fuck all will be done to address the root causes and it will be back to business as usual.

Again, “but Obama”.

You are a walking piece of satire.

So no answer then. :rollseyes: it was a simple yes or no question.

Zzzzzz

You couldn’t make it up.

:rofl:

When your explaining your losing don

1 Like

And just to make sure he doesn’t look like he likes the immigrants that much after signing the whatever, the base gets this

Yep, that is POTUS’ signature on all of those oversized photos of victims of crimes committed by immigrants.

I think calling this out with direct provision is a complete red herring. Two really poor processes but not comparable at all

That’s not the point. The point is if those folks got off the INTERNET and cared 10% as much about refugees/ poverty/ bum-picking in Ireland as they did in the US then Ireland would be in far better shape. They’d never do that because making a call on something like direct provision would result in real world consequences for Irish people. They’d be forced out of their little us-and-them fantasy land then. Same as the cunts going on about the Palestinians and ignoring the north. What do the social media warriors contribute to their local communities? Cunts cunts cunts cunts cunts @gilgamboa.

1 Like

Question for you. Do you think a mother in syria would still come to Ireland if she knew her and her kids would be in direct provision for up to 3 years. But safe. And fed and found.

Its a shit system. But it could be a lot worse.

As for the social media heros. Wouldnt take much notice of em kid tbh

Whisht I’m ranting

1 Like