US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

No one read the US thread anymore, his perceived victory needed acknowledgement.

Great work by admins here, merging the posts into this thread.

2 Likes

Barney forever, Wigum never.

From Taibbi’s article:

To be clear, I don’t necessarily disbelieve the idea that there were “illicit” contacts between Trump and Russians in early 2015 or before. But if there were such contacts, I can’t think of any legitimate reason why their nature should be withheld from the public.

Doesn’t this sort of demolish the central premise of his article?

Chris has painted his head red. How does he expect any sensible person to take him seriously?

1 Like

Given that you’ve specified “sensible people”, we won’t be getting an answer from you, anyway. :grin:

WAHEYYYY

Are you still preaching genocide on Politics.ie?

He should put a plastic bag over it. He’d then have access to government ministers and all the mejia.

1 Like

What do you think?

Yes.

Even sid isn’t that stupid. I’ll leave that with you

You cant teach an old leopard new tricks mate… I’ve no doubt you are still harbouring your lust for blood.

I’ve to call with the tans next door. I’ll discuss my blood lust, my genocidal outlook and my possible need for a loom for the 4000.
I hope they won’t be offended, or that they’ll be spared the blood letting - they’re wild handy mechanics to have across the fields.

Now - isnt that better all out in the open instead of keeping it all in?

1 Like

I haven’t told them yet. It could go down badly, hopefully they’ll be mature and philosophical.

So you read it. Very good. I read the central premise of the article as the lack of journalistic ethics. They happily reported unverifiable and often salacious information fed to them by unnamed ‘sources’ in the fbi etc. A prime example being the steele dossier. Lots more examples outlined in the piece as well.

Just as was done with the WMD argument by the Bush administration. They feed unverifiable bullshit to the press, the press print it, and then the government use the press reporting as evidence. This has been going on a long time in the US, but reached a zenith to justify the Iraq war. It now appears the Obama administration jumped over that bar. The press is being used to push through narratives that government want to pursue.

The Steele dossier was paid for by the DNC, paying a British spy who in turn paid Russian government agents to essentially make up bullshit about Trump and his associates (Cohen meeting Russians in Prague for example, how convenient it’s Prague again where apparently Atta met with Iraqis before 9/11). That information was then fed to the FBI/DOJ who leaked it to the press, and the reporting on the Steele dossier was used by US agencies to obtain FISA warrants to spy on the Trump campaign. Without disclosing to the court the “evidence” was paid for by the DNC and provided by Russian agents.

Sounds like actually colluding by the DNC with a foreign power to influence an election.

A couple of hours ago CNN contributor and fierce Trump critic Michael Avenatti tweeted this;

He has just been indicted for trying to extort from Nike.