US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

That is as stupid a tweet as anything Trump has ever put up

:laughing:

A Fake Story Tricked Trump Supporters Into Protesting For No Reason, Then One Of Them Accidentally Shot Himself

President Trump will receive a warm welcome in Warszawa this evening.

1 Like

I hear they are shipping them in from all over

The first challenge of Trump’s presidency looms. Based on radar and satellite data, the missile launched yesterday could reach Sarah Palin’s house. Time for action I think.

And risk the life of innocent Koreans?

Innocent Koreans or innocent Japanese or Americans. War don’t care about the innocent.

Tough guy

It’s just reality isn’t it. In what modern day war were civilians spared?

You’ll be sending off that young fella of yours to kill a few gooks will ye.

POTUS has landed.

1 Like

He’ll hardly need to go to war for that.

I’m just wondering if he’s one of these lads that love an auld war,especially when other peoples children do the fighting n dying

I doubt there’s much need to wonder on that score.

hope he nukes that little prick in North Korea

No lad, I don’t love an old war, unless it’s completely necessary… and leave my kids out of the debate you miserable fuckhead.

1 Like

A few MOARs should do the trick.
The Chinese are acting the bollox here, as they have all the leverage to put manners on him.

What about a draft buddy,would you be for or again one

1 Like

In the case of a justifiable war? I would be in favor of it, if it were necessary. The evidence from modern warfare says that those who volunteer perform better than those conscripted, most obviously where a lot of military roles now are highly specialized.

Of course they have. But they’re not going to.
The Chinese and Russkies have America exactly where they want them. They see North Korea as a nuisance, but a useful one. If North Korea is pissing off the Americans, that’s a win for them, especially China.
Trump seems to think he got some sort of deal in Florida when he sat down with Xi Jinping. Trump is obviously inexperienced in doing business with the Chinese, as anyone who has ever done business with them knows they will always agree to everything in a meeting. China does not want a united Korea, it sees the DPRK as a useful buffer to it’s borders and while America deploys radar systems in South Korea that impinge on China’s domestic security, while America and South Korea engage in military exercises, China won’t lift a finger to help. Why would they? If China was conducting the same sort of exercises in Cuba, what would America do? Oh wait…

Trump is trying to act the hard man and call out the Chinese. This does not go down well in Beijing. He would be better off talking about China as a partner and bigging them up, while conducting behind the scenes diplomacy with them. Then you may have results.
Of course, in order to do that, you’d probably need some diplomats. Currently, America has no Ambassador to China (the acting Ambassador resigned in June in protest at Trump taking the US out of the Paris accord), Japan, South Korea, India or Australia. The post of Under Secretary for East Asia is also vacant. This isn’t just a process problem, it’s seen as an insult by these countries, especially as Trump appointed an Ambassador to the Phillippines. Meanwhile, China continues to make friends and influence countries.
Nothing is going to change with the DPRK until Trump starts to play nice with China. Even then, the US and the rest of the world may have to accept that the regime in the DPRK will have to remain, albeit with a reduced military capacity, IF China decides to help. But that won’t happen under the current circumstances, most likely until the Trump idiocy is over in 2020 (or before depending on whatever impeachment situations arise).
The biggest threat now is not when Kim can miniturise devices on ICBM warheads (years away), but whether Trump see’s this as an opportunity to start the war he so dearly wants to stem the disaster that are his approval ratings. Mind you, any pre-emptive strike on the DPRK would mean the Chinese definitely would get involved. That would not be good.

2 Likes