US Politics - A Society in Meltdown

Anyway. Back on topic.

Trump speaking on plans for Afghanistan tonight, be interesting to see what he does. They need more troops on the ground as they are being driven out of a lot of areas, but Trump had originally been anti the war so any increase in troop numbers will be another back track.
It’s unwinnable, but if they give up the Taliban etc will retake the whole country in a few years (max) and you’ll have a replay of the fall of Saigon with those who worked with the US left hung out to dry and all those US soldiers killed will have been for nought. A no win situation really.
Word is the troop numbers will go up and he’ll look to squeeze Pakistan out of sheltering the Taliban. But the US has been trying that for years.

Oh look over there! Afghanistan!

He’s been stalling on this one a long time while the Afghans were getting destroyed

I’m not sure how much LSD you’ve been knocking back in Oakland Chef, but I think you’ll find the sun still rises in the east. So the reverse of what you’ve just said will happen.

2 Likes

@anon7035031 cleaning house

He has tied a few lads up in knots.

Eh I think you will find that @anon7035031 is not on LSD.

The lunar shadow first crosses the West Coast at 9:05 a.m. PDT.
People in Lincoln City, Oregon, will be the first in the continental United States to see the total solar eclipse, beginning at 10:15 a.m.
A total solar eclipse can sometimes take as long as 7½ minutes. The longest eclipse duration for this event will occur near Carbondale, Illinois, and will clock in at two minutes, 43 seconds, beginning at 1:20 p.m. CDT.
Eventually, all good things must come to an end, and the lunar shadow will depart the East Coast at 4:09 p.m. EDT.
This will be the last total solar eclipse in the United States until April 4, 2024.
It’s not quite as long of a wait as you might have thought, but the next one won’t stretch the width of the country. Instead, it will move from Mexico to Maine and then traverse New Brunswick and Newfoundland.
For another eclipse similar to this year’s, one that moves from coast to coast, you will have to wait until August 12, 2045.

4 Likes

That’s me fucked then, the Chef is going to kill me when he wakes up. :rofl:

1 Like

He could well still be on LSD though.

I honestly think after these past two days we need to start an “examples of @Matty_Hislop making a total prick of himself” thread. I’m shocked at the ignorance on display here, but even more shocked you had hours to delete the post after seeing who the two absolute clowns were who liked your post.

A solar eclipse is caused by the moon passing between the sun and the earth, this particular one will be seen first at 9.05AM PST in Salem, Oregon. cc @ChocolateMice

I’m not afraid to admit I got it wrong, it’s shame you can’t do the same mate. Your gaffe about the lamb last night was very embarrassing for a so-called chef.

1 Like

You were the one who incorrectly called it mutton mate. Meat from a sheep between 4/5 months and two years in referred to as lamb in the Commonwealth and former Commonwealth countries. You would think a D4 pro Commonwealth lickspittle would know this.

2 Likes

You said it was lamb mate, your fellow Galwegian who bought it, told you it wasn’t. Case closed.

1 Like

@anon7035031 cleaning house here, @Matty_Hislop just got owned in a bad way

Go back and read the thread. I questioned you calling it mutton and was correct, confirmed by @ironmoth. I never at any point called it lamb, even though that’s what it is called in colloquial English. Technically at 1.5 years old it is a hogget, but nobody uses that term where you live.

2 Likes

:grin:

Bullshit, I told you it wasn’t lamb and I was proved correct. You made a fool of yourself just like when you stuck up this picture from the Boston protest. :joy:

take your bating and move on

3 Likes

Christ above. Can ye take this argument to the Lamb vs Mutton dispute resolution thread FFS.

Matty, when you’re in a hole, etc…

The argument from the left and supporters of Black Separatist movements (there are 193 black separatist groups in the US, the largest number of any hate group), is that Black Lives Matter is a non violent group that denounces violence. This image of a BLM protester is commonly used to counter that argument, as is footage of BLM marches where chants of “pigs in a blanket, fry them like bacon” is commonplace. These are strange sentiments for a “non violent” group.

All hate groups present themselves as non violent, white separatists and neo-Nazis do the same thing.