US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

She comes across almost as a caricature of an angry left winger :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Anyone who blanket claims that Trump voters are anti Semitic will be aware of the frog meme which Hillary and the media decided was the biggest evil out there. This is what the media decided was the reason that Hillary lost, a new anti Semitic “alt right”.

Claiming that 60 odd million Americans followed some internet trolls with anti Semitic rhetoric is pure idiocy and “truthiness”.

Trump was outspoken in his pro Israel position for quite a long time. The GOP vote remained far more pro Israel than the Democrats. This is pure invention, trying to tie all voters to a position without any basis in fact.

Regarding the 2003 support for Iraq, that is neocons. Many, if not all prominent neocons and those within the Bush admin, were against Trump in the primaries and some refused to vote for him (Paul Wolfowitz, Robert Kagan, Dan Senor…Senor is rumoured to be the one who released the NBC tapes). David Frum;

Bill Kristol;

Some came back to vote for Trump as they couldn’t abide HRC, but the support was lukewarm, outside John Bolton of course.

Don’t feed the Troll pal

You don’t have to be familiar with a frog meme to think many Trump voters are anti-semitic, pal.

What a strange and pointless “point”.

Again, any chance you could enlighten me as to what it is, given that you’re so clearly familiar with it? I know you like memes and all that. Because I’m not - although I gather from your cursory reference that it may be some sort of creation of some weird far-right message board frequented by people even sadder than yourself.

Please, Sidney don’t insult us. The stuff spoken about anti Semitism has been linked to Steve Bannon, Breitbart and the “alt right” (what the “alt right” actually is and it’s size is up for debate).

Please point to polls showing that the 60 odd million voters for Trump are pro Israel. The polls show support for Israel is tied to GOP.

So I’m interested where your “many” comment comes from. Where is your data? Where is your personal experience of “many” Trump voters.

The basis for your point is argument crying about the alt right in the wake of the election. There is no population size or share of Trump’s vote identified, just opinion pieces written by journalists who live on Twitter all day and are detached from most ordinary Americans.

Christ, you’re actually denying the serious undercurrent of anti-semitism both in the Trump campaign and his support.

Remember you laughed at that swastika daubed on a wall?

You’re part of it. Anti-semite Riggins.

And I do love the way you’re taking the methods of Sean Spicer to heart.

Bullshit is apparently called “alternative facts” now. :smile:

And do tell us about this meme, please.

A simple question, it’s yes or no to make it easy for you.

Do non-white people fall into the category of what you call “ordinary Americans?”

I laughed at your source, the clown Shaun King.

Please show how this confirms “many” Trump voters are anti Semitic.

You have 60 odd million voters. Please find some polling or data to corroborate your statement.

Of course they do.

Many of them didn’t bother their holes to get out and vote in November, despite Democrats relying on identity politics and demographics making Congress and the Presidency “theirs” for a generation.

There’s your bit about out of touch.

But more over, getting away from your desperate deflection here on the issue, please put forward some data to back up your claims. Some Guardian or New York Times article moaning about the alt right won’t do.

The Republicans in Congress are of course, utterly useless, and will continue to pathetically cave in to Trump. Not one of them will have the balls to stand up to him.

Sure you did.

Trying to leave just enough doubt to claim you can plausibly deny what you were laughing at, just like Trump tried to leave just enough doubt to that he could try and plausibly claim that he didn’t appreciate the support of white supremacists, anti-semites, racists, misogynists and the KKK.

You know well that swastikas were daubed in many places following the election. You can’t claim it wasn’t true. You can’t claim that you didn’t know what Shaun King tweeted was 100% true.

You trying to claim you laughed at “the source” (a completely pathetic excuse) can only imply that you believed the tweet wasn’t true or that the swastika wasn’t real.

But you knew right well the tweet was true and the swastika was real.

And the fact that you still deny what you were laughing at just shows the level of complete and utter denial you have about the racism, anti-semitism and vilification of all Muslims by Trump and his supporters.

Own it.

1 Like

Great. You finally admit that members of ethnic minorities are “ordinary Americans”. It took a while.

Funny how these “ordinary Americans” who are members of ethnic minorities almost never get mentioned by Republicans or pro-trump commentators, except when it’s to think up new ways to deny them voting or to vilify them.

Perhaps you could now tell us how trump is in touch with these “ordinary Americans”.

I saw this passage elsewhere tonight. It’s an absolute beauty from Hannah Arendt’s “The Origins of Totalitarianism”, written in 1951.

2 Likes

Sean Spicer on January 4th:

“If you lose the respect and trust of the press corps, you’ve got nothing.”

“I don’t think any communicator worth their salt can go out and tell a lie.”

“You can spin the way way you want, but I think to go out and tell a lie is something that’s just not acceptable.”

His first five minute press briefing on his first day on the job is all it took for him to do all of that spectacularly.

1 Like

I see where pope Francis compared President Poodle to Hitler yesterday

Is that the official stance of the catholic church?

How long before the CIA take out Trump ?

That press conference was pure cringe. My inauguration was bigger than your inauguration. Some of the specious reasoning used to justify the obvious lie, was like something from a TFK argument.

While it’s funny to see all of the snowflakes frothing at the mouth and absolute losers protesting in Dublin about the democratic election of a person in another country it is fairly disconcerting to see how bent out of shape Trump and his people are getting about something as trivial as attendances at his inauguration.

2 Likes