Essay writing competition thread

Good man @Sidney. Just feel it’s worth reminding you of your own racism every now and then when you’re up on your anti anti semitic high moral ground crusade. Carry on.

4 Likes

Just reminding you of this:

Not sure what bearing that has. Are you suggesting Laois people are a different race?

A different race to who? Why are you assuming that all Laois people are the same race?

That’s pretty racist.

I don’t what?

We were discussing supporters here, let’s park Trump for a second. You came out with this gem the other day on another poster.

You made a claim about “many” of Trump’s supporters being anti semites, an easy way to vilify a grouping of millions of voters. This was your “evidence”;

A one off example

I pointed out to you that this made up just 4% of Trump voters, pre supposing they were all Trump voters. It also pre supposes that all of those tweets were made by individuals, and not a smaller number of people repeating the same thing over and over.

You then claimed that Palestine had nothing to do with the tweets and that what actually constituted anti antisemitism couldn’t be questioned in the study, when in fact the tweets did mention Palestine. All this because it has been shown that Republican voters and by extension Trump voters are pro Israel. All here.

As I mentioned, Trump carried most normal Republic voters and it has been shown consistently by hard data that pro Israel. That was the only data we had about “many” of Trump supporters and attitudes to Judaism.

When your bluster had got you nowhere and your data/evidence to support your claim was proven to be rubbish, you came out with this;

A quite astonishing thing to say from someone who will whine about Trump acting on feelings, talks about fake news and claims to abhor anti intellectualism.

The reason for your hypocrisy? Because you want to vilify people as you have very little depth to your understanding of issues. It is your default when debating after you have googled your way to oblivion in trying to find some news article to support your political viewpoint. From whatever newsfeeds you follow, you see the latest bit of Trump bashing and that’s what you run with. Someone makes a claim about some of Trump’s team being anti semites? For Sidney this now shows that “many” Trump voters are antisemites.

You are the type of person who scours the top of the news, but never digs in. Someone in the Guardian tells you to by the latest from Piketty, so you do so. You might not even read the book, but it’s on your bookshelf to show people and you can look up someone else’s review of it when you want to debate online. If you had the personality for the airwaves or the tv, you could be a talking head on Newstalk or RTÉ and bluster your way into being perceived as being an expert on US Affairs by some moronic producer, but you would fail if you ever had to do some actual journalism.

This is why Trump gets away with misrepresenting things and telling some lies. Because people have seen through the bullshit peddled for year and just see someone now who isn’t skilled at lying, but comes off as more genuine a person than the suits and so called intelligentsia who have distorted facts and figures for years.

3 Likes

But we’ve already established many of Trump’s supporters are anti-semites. You tried to brush over that.

And now you’re tying to brush over his anti-semitism.

Do you think that twice retweeting a blatantly anti-semitic account called @White GenocideTM is something that would strongly indicate that person has racist or anti-semitic tendencies?

Your answer will tell a lot about you.

70 bomb threats.

Many incidents of racist graffiti.

Widespread anti-semitic abuse of Jewish journalists.

White supremacism being downgraded away from being a terrorist threat by the man himself.

Can you refer me to a previous US presidential candidate, or a previous prominent US politician, where this sort of thing has happened as a result of their candidacy?

1 - Again, you don’t measure whether something is anti-semitic based on “data”, as you’ve continually tried to claim.

You don’t measure whether a swastika daubed on a wall is anti-semitic based on data.

You don’t measure whether retweet for a white supremacist account is anti-semitic based on “data”.

2 - I’m not the one who has a problem understanding issues, or whose knowledge is superficial. That’s clearly you. And it is hilarious to see you claim such when you clearly have such little knowledge.

What you do, as @anon7035031 does in a more blatant and obvious way, is to try and deflect, distort, muddy the waters with text and going down rabbit holes, to avoid answering questions.

You’ve done it again here.

When I gave you a list of questions to answer about what Trump was doing and whether you supported it, you refused to answer.

Now that is something which undoubtedly displays superficial knowledge on your part.

Like @anon7035031, you picked a side, went all in, and are now having serious problems defending your position, because you know full well it’s indefensible.

This piece shows recognition of an issue

Two retweets is your concrete evidence that a man with Jewish-converted daughter is anti-Semitic? If the fucking man on the moon paid Trump a compliment he’d retweet it. You going on about this like it’s the Zapruder tape is ludicrous.

4 Likes

It’s fairly pathetic at this stage.

1 Like

Oooh. Bluster.

I follow the news and I read, mate.

You should try it, especially if you want to comment on a thread like this and be taken in any way seriously - you’ve already admitted you don’t follow the news and that you hadn’t even heard of Trump’s bogus terrorist attack claim.

Instead you say you “follow the markets” and “read the business pages” - “important stuff”. That should give give you a “non-superficial” analysis, not.

I’ll just repeat that for effect and to let it sink in - you weren’t even aware of the biggest worldwide story of last week.

And you have the neck to call other people’s understanding “superficial”. :smile:

Now you’re into full blown @anon7035031 meltdown mode.

1 Like

I’m enjoying the fact that you are posting on this thread. You come across as someone who knows what he’s talking about; someone to take seriously.

1 Like

Being taken seriously is something that is very important on the Internet.

1 Like

@Rocko / @Bandage - can you please investigate this posters’ i.p / log-in details… His posting style bears a striking resemblance to a horrible, mutated, tiresome bore.

Where have you established this?

Please provide the data and evidence for this.

You said many of Trump’s voters are antisemites. The data you have provided shows this is a trivial amount of people in comparison to the 63m Trump voters during the election.

You have literally provided some tweets (which number an insignificant potential number of Trump voters when you drill down into the numbers) and some examples of lunatics graffiti and sending threats to Jews. As I said to you before, it is like me claiming that the rioters after Trump got in were all representative of Hillary Clinton voters or Obama ones, it is quite simply ludicrous.

But you have already conceded that you don’t care about data, you just know.

This is probably the best piece of ironic posting you’ve ever done.

1 Like

I don’t follow the day to day news cycles all junkies get involved with during an actual administration as it pointless.

You post up some articles bashing Trump daily, well done. That you think that gives you an actual understanding of American voters is hilarious.

You post up the latest Trump bashing article, or latest discovery about what Steve Bannon said once upon a time about someone. You extrapolate that to branding millions upon millions of people as antisemites.

It is superficial and misleading, and the fact that you can’t point to any hard data to support your claims proves this. You laugh at Trump for saying something stupid and without facts, based on feeling and what he wants to be true, and you do the same yourself.

2 Likes

70 bomb threats. 63 million voters. Do you know if all those threats were individual threats or by a few people repeating threats?

“Many incidents” of racist graffiti. How many exactly? How many people involved?

The tweets with regards to journalists, already proven that if it were individual tweeters and if Trump voters were tweeting anti Palestine stuff it would be just 4% of Trump voters. You and I know this is relatively marginal.

Your original post critcised the “hypocrisy” of Trump followers for supporting Israel but being Antisemites. The only thing you are correct about is Trump followers being supporters of Israel. There is actual hard data on that on the total population of Trump voters.

As I posted previously, Republic voters are very likely to be pro Israel;

Trump carried the vast vast majority of normal Republican voters, 85% to 90% from polling.

Actual data.

No hard data on that populations opinion of Jews as a whole though to create the link you came up with.

Trump got a rapturous reception at CPAC (some conservative conference) and they remained standing afterwards, he started speaking but stopped and said sit down guys so the fake news won’t be able to say that I never got a standing ovation because you never sat back down again. :joy:

“THE fake news are the enemy of the people, they have no sources, they just make it up, very dishonest people”

1 Like