US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

Impeached before elected.

Comments speech about not prosecuting makes for very interesting reading in light of this

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

At least if it were after Nov 8th Trump would be out of the picture too (I assume) assuming he had lost the election

He can only pardon someone who has been convicted (you mug)

1 Like

Kaine would become president if she had to step down after the election, assuming she won.

Steady on with the abuse Chef, I would have thought that too. But I read this piece by Craig Murray where he stated this…

It will necessitate a Presidential pardon from Obama to clear it up. I am assured by a DC source that an outgoing President can pardon people for crimes they may have committed but haven’t been convicted of yet. I find that somewhat mind-boggling.

I was slightly incredulous reading that which is why I asked your good self.

3 Likes

My old drinking buddy Craig. Gas man. Used to work at the British Embassy in Warsaw.

1 Like

Comey was put in an impossible position by the dumb fuck AG Loretta Lynch. Normally, the FBI investigate and make a recommendation to the DOJ, who make the decision on whether to prosecute or not. This whole clusterfuck stems from Lynch meeting with Bill Clinton the day before Hillary was questioned by the FBI. When this clandestine meeting was uncovered and reported in the press, Lynch didn’t just recluse herself from the case, but delegated all responsibility to Comey. She effectively made him both the FBI director investigating the case, and the DOJ official in charge of whether to prosecute.

Oh I know, but twould be almighty craic if they could turn up an email about bill meeting the AG. There’d be heads rolling like Paris 1793 :joy:

Might be best possible outcome from where we are now

Balbec

I am beginning to picture you as a character from a John Le Carre novel .

5 Likes

do characters in his novels have square heads?

5 Likes

Apologies, pal, a hasty response.

Technically he is correct, but a pardon is for individuals who have been convicted or stand a good chance of being convicted. The best example people can come up with is Ford’s pardon of Nixon after Nixon resigned. Nixon though was guilty as hell, so there was no doubt he was going to be charged and likely convicted. Clinton hasn’t been charged, maintains her innocence, and the Democratic party line is that there is no case to even answer. In that scenario Obama can’t pardon her when there is nothing to pardon her for.

So, the question arises what if evidence comes forth before or after the election that could lead to a conviction. If it’s before the election, and he pardons her, his own legacy is shot. After the election, in that window before she takes office, he could argue it is for the good of the country. I can’t honestly see it happening in any scenario.

1 Like

1 Like

Sheldon Adelson has committed 25 million dollars to an anti Clinton super PAC.

They are running ads comparing Clinton to Nixon, the super PAC are ramping up the campaign this week.

1 Like

Crooked hillary is worse than Nixon

1 Like

Hasn’t Paddy Power paid out on Hillary already?

When PP do that they have fuck all to pay out.

The publicity is worth more than the payout. They paid out on Man Utd for the 1998/99 season, which Arsenal won.

I dont think Arsenal won 98/99 and I am not even a Man U Nil fan