US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

No, she wonā€™t. Too divisive, sheā€™ll be tripped up in her say anything approach. She doesnā€™t believe in anything anymore, except herself. She stands for nothing, except what focus groups tell her to today. Biden is like your goofy uncle, prone to saying the odd mad thing, but generally likeable and safe. Heā€™ll win the nomination and will seem like an intelligent, conservative with a sprucon of enough liberalism, alternative to the freakshow circus acts the republicans will scare the shit out of the majority of the country with. Bidenā€™s doing a lot of work on the traditional Democratic base, they know him and they trust him. Heā€™s probably months ahead of Hillary with them. Heā€™s done a lot of work with the unions to negate the GOP anti immigration and manufacturing in the USA platform. He has a great ability to attack an issue or opponent, while keeping them onside. Gaff prone, but he knows how to get away with it, heā€™s a masterful politician. Obama will want to take some credit for any success the next President has, Biden will ensure this, so expect to see Obama ramping up support for Biden.

David Palmer would have walked this.

[QUOTE=ā€œRocko, post: 1011179, member: 1ā€]You forgot to mention that your son would be a Trojan Horse Republican wearing the mask of a Democrat. Hoovering up those Kennedy votes while being staunchly conservative.

I know your top 2 Kennedy candidates for marriage. Does your list go much further than that?[/QUOTE]

I have a top 10 but Iā€™ve got a listing of all female descendants of Joe Kennedy and Iā€™m willing to pair up with almost anyone (of childbearing age) on that list. This isnā€™t about my personal preferences or my desire to have the prettiest wife, this is about America.

And so weā€™re off and running with Ted Cruz announcing his candidacy yesterday. Iā€™m delighted at this news and am fervently looking forward to the circus freak show the right wing of the GOP put forward in the coming months. They truly are entertainment personified. I mean Rick Santorum? Seriously, we should be very thankful we get to see these geniuses in action.

it would have been great if Schwarzenegger was able to run for it

Who is likely to be a real threat if anyone to Hillary Clinton here? Sheā€™s a very strong favorite to win this.

is clinton not losing a lot of support over the emails scandal ? it should allow someone else to come in and challenge

Betting:
Hillary C 5/4
Jeb Bush 9/2
12/1 bar

[QUOTE=ā€œTess Tickle, post: 1111910, member: 2269ā€]Betting:
Hillary C 5/4
Jeb Bush 9/2
12/1 bar[/QUOTE]
http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/world/article/survey-shows-email-scandal-impacting-hilarys-presidential-hopes
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-more-than-ever-benghazi-will-hurt-hillary-clinton/article/2561471

If the republicans can manage to put some centrist sort out they may just have enough to take her on. Can you back the 12/1 bar?
Iā€™d imagine the reason she is so heavy fav is because sheā€™s extremely likely to get the democratic candidacy. Whoever gets that would be 50/50 to win.

[QUOTE=ā€œartfoley, post: 1111915, member: 179ā€]http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/world/article/survey-shows-email-scandal-impacting-hilarys-presidential-hopes
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/poll-more-than-ever-benghazi-will-hurt-hillary-clinton/article/2561471[/QUOTE]

The Malaysian insider :smiley:

[QUOTE=ā€œJulio Geordio, post: 1111917, member: 332ā€]If the republicans can manage to put some centrist sort out they may just have enough to take her on. Can you back the 12/1 bar?
Iā€™d imagine the reason she is so heavy fav is because sheā€™s extremely likely to get the democratic candidacy. Whoever gets that would be 50/50 to win.[/QUOTE]

No you canā€™t back the 12/1 bar. :rolleyes:

quoting an ipsos reuters poll :rolleyes:

Iā€™m all over Jeb.

It will be Bush v Clinton in a throwback to 1992.
As a committed Fenian fond of Roman rule I will be throwing my insignificant support behind the former Governor of the Sunshine State.

Jeb Bush wins this. His softer image , family name and hispanic wife will be enough. Mind you there will be some amount of muck-raking on his past affairs and his delivery of the Florida vote for Dubya.

Heā€™ll counter that by releasing footage of him mucking in and helping rebuild family homes after the massive storms there about 12 years ago.

My dark horse for the Republican nomination would be Bobby Jindal of Louisiana, heā€™s not a loony yet would still appeal to the conservatives in the party.

1st preference is Mitt

2nd preference is Jeb

:clap::clap::clap:

I think Hilary Clinton v Jeb Bush would likely turn a lot of people off and result in a lower turnout. In which case Bush probably wins.

Hilary Clinton carries a huge amount of baggage and Elizabeth Warren would be a better candidate for the Democrats if theyā€™re looking to get the female vote. But Clinton will have shedloads of money and will more than likely be the candidate.

In the end all of this will be window dressing as the financial industry continues to run the US.