US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

Iā€™d like Jeb to get the nomination.

I loved the Louisiana countryside in Season 1 of True Detective so Iā€™d be open to that chap @Blake mentions having a tilt at it, even though Iā€™d never heard of him.

Iā€™d also consider Peyton Manning. Heā€™s a great American and he loves America.
[ATTACH=full]2560[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=ā€œProjectX, post: 1112017, member: 1742ā€]1st preference is Mitt

2nd preference is Jeb

:clap::clap::clap:[/QUOTE]

Romney has pulled out

Ye elected the mad monk and Kevin Rudd. The colony is in no position to be superior on this matter.

She is yeah. Too old anyway.

Jeb Bush will walk this.

A lot of people on the Republican side want him back in and Paddy Power have him at 16/1 for the presidency.

Agree that it is unlikely he will be a candidate.

Jeb Bush should walk the Republican nomination.

It would be great to have a Bush in the White House

:clap:

[QUOTE=ā€œBandage, post: 1112023, member: 9ā€]Iā€™d like Jeb to get the nomination.

I loved the Louisiana countryside in Season 1 of True Detective so Iā€™d be open to that chap @Blake mentions having a tilt at it, even though Iā€™d never heard of him.

Iā€™d also consider Peyton Manning. Heā€™s a great American and he loves America.
[ATTACH=full]2560[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Archie Manning would make an unreal, unbelievable president

And what a First Lady Olivia would make.

I donā€™t speak for the colony. I speak for the people of the free world. The American President is the President of us all, our hopes, our dreams, our aspirations, our utter determination to invoke freedom and whatever that means, even if none of us know what it means.

Jeb is 9-2? Iā€™d hammer that if i could be arsed waiting a year for payment.

Zero chance of another Bush getting in.

I want to know who politics expert @Raymond Crotty is siding with in this contest before pushing my chips to one side or another.

Rand Paul, the man who doesnā€™t quite know where he stands on anything, announced his candidacy for the GOP nomination yesterday. Straight away has a car crash interview on NBC. We can discount him straight away, though Iā€™m sure heā€™ll be entertaining at times.

Little Marco Rubio launched yesterday, running mate material at this stage, but heā€™ll be a serious GOP contender from 2020 onwards.
Not sure that anyone noticed, but humble Hilary Clinton launched on Sunday with a really nothing video. I expect a nothing campaign from her, short on specifics, all about look at me, you can trust me. Iā€™m disappointed that Joe Biden doesnā€™t seem to want to run and really the Democrast have nothing after Hilary. A very dangerous position. Jeb Bush will have done all that campaigning in a bruising primary contest, will have honed his message, be battle hardened and come up against a Democrat candidate that really nothing much has been asked of. Hilary will struggle. If some fatal story / scandal / thing comes out about Hilary (which I think is highly likely), whatā€™s the alternative? Well itā€™s another Bush in the white house. That went so well the last time.
The GOP has a conga line of intellectually questionable and clearly deranged candidates. The Democrats have one candidate who has a myriad of potential banana skins in front of her. The only hope is that Hilary has incredible fund raising ability, I read one article talking about potentially $2.5 billion. Which is quite stunning.
Anyway, itā€™s always entertaining at least.

Is Ted Cruz the first Canadian born candidate to run for the job?

No, there have been one or two before. It is fairly unusual though

Should be plenty of lively debate on his eligibility to run.

Presumably Donald Trump will be seething.

Itā€™s a common misconception that you need to be born in the United States to be president. You just need to be a naturally born citizen.

John McCain was born in Panama for example.

[QUOTE=ā€œbriantinnion, post: 1124916, member: 6ā€]Itā€™s a common misconception that you need to be born in the United States to be president. You just need to be a naturally born citizen.

John McCain was born in Panama for example.[/QUOTE]

Correct and the GOP candidate in 1964, Barry Goldwater was born in Arizona in 1909 prior to Arizonaā€™s admission in 1912 as the 48th state. The issue generated little if any discussion when McCain ran, but did merit a degree of discussion initially in the 1964 campaign.

The detractors of the current incumbent invested a lot of time and energy on the issue of whether he was born in Kenya, Indonesia (or even County Offaly). Perhaps the real issue they should have focussed on was (even if he was born in Hawaii) having a Kenyan father in 1961, he was in fact born a Subject of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II.