US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

Well, according to him, the media, US intelligence services and John McCain are all “like something out of Nazi Germany.”

Trump requires an “evil” bogey figure to drum up support for him, because his popularity is mobilised in the main by hatred.

Before he entered politics, it was the blacks.
Then it was Obama.
When he ran for president, first it was the Mexicans.
Then it was the Muslims.
Then it was the entirely straw man concept of “political correctness”.
Then it was “Wall Street” (even though he’s now boasting of his ties to them and how he’s great for them).
Then it was thinly veiled references to the Jews.
Then it was the “Republican establishment”.
Then it was the media.
Then it was “the hoax of global warming”.
Then it was the Chinese.
Then it was Gonzalo Curiel.
Then it was the Khans.
Then it was Alicia Machado.
Then it was the “rigged electoral system” (which curiously became entirely unrigged after he won the electoral college with 2.86m less votes than his opponent).
Then it was Hillary Clinton.
Then it was Bill Clinton.
Then it was Saturday Night Live.
Then it was Obama again.
Then it was his own intelligence services.
Then it was John Lewis.
Now, running out of bogey figures to vilify, it’s the media again.

Invoking hatred against an “other” has been the one common theme of not just his political career, but of his life.

The classic fascist tactic, above all.

And you don’t see similarities between that and the tactics of Hitler? :grin:

Americans protesting is one thing - Why should Irish people be protesting against a democratically elected president in another country?

2 Likes

What you write is a statement that any “democratically elected” leader of a country should be able to do whatever they want without any form of protest.

Once again, prove that it is many.

You are making a wide reaching comment on the “hypocrisy” of Trump supporters now supporting Israel when there was some isolated incidents of anti Semitism from a small group of online trolls. 60 odd million Americans is relevant when making that assertion.

The data shows consistently that GOP supporters are more favourable to Israel.

Americans in Israel backed Trump by a majority.

Trump performed to par in terms of other GOP candidates in terms of Jewish support.

So where is your actual data?

What has he done except get elected? How has he trespassed against Ireland, or internationally, that deserves protest? Or are they protesting against what he might do in the future? If Americans elected him, they can deal with him. A load of middle class Paddy potatoes protesting against Trump when they’ve been shat on by EU and their own leaders for nearly ten years is laughable. Influenced my the media is an understatement and you’re portraying the best of gen snowflake in your/their over reaction. Fuck off and make your own country a better place first. Mugs.

10 Likes

So the Jews voted for Hitler mark II? I’m confused.

Jew know what i’m saying.

Most Jews vote democrat in the US and have for a long time. They are mostly liberals living in urban areas.

However, GOP voters have trended generally to be more favourable of Israel for quite a long time.

Sidney is making the mistake of believing a few online trolls represents “many” of Trump’s supporters.

Check your privilege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBluYsydAVc

I gave you data in the previous post, pal.

You didn’t read it.

Read it.

And stop doing a Sean Spicer and denying the obvious reality.

You’re making the mistake of disregarding a litany of evidence of anti-semitism and racism from both the Trump campaign and its supporters.

And then, like Kellyanne Conway, you try and do a classic bait and switch.

You really are the King of deflection.

Almost Goebbels-esque, one could say.

No you don’t I’m afraid.

A wall of text but no substantiated figures on your earlier claim on hypocrisy of Trump supporters. You think that posting a picture or two gets you out of a hole but it doesn’t.

These are the facts- GOP voters are far more favourable towards Israel than Dem voters. Trump set out his stall pre election - planning on moving the American embassy, pro Netanyahu and anti Iran deal. There is no change from him on this and he rallied most GOP normal voters.

You cannot claim this as hypocrisy, it is a fallacy. Something you’ve made up. It is like me saying “many” Democract supporters were rioters given the events in Washington on Friday. Ridiculous.

You’ll have to do better.

Can you be a Zionist, pro Israel anti-Semitic?

This was your post.

Claiming Trump supporters were anti semites.

You’ve provided no data to back this up, merely isolated incidents of a minority.

The only evidence we have regarding Trump support and Israel is that he carried most of the GOP vote, and the GOP is favourable to Israel.

Nothing has changed in attitudes, but Sidney seems to believe that 63 million Americans are all anti semite internet trolls. The reason being that articles he gets from Slate, the Guardian, Irish Times et al tries to depict Trump voters as all fitting into this box.

Deary me, more Goebbels-esque bait and switch deflection tactics from you.

Tell me what “data” you would like to explain that the phrase “America First” is anti-semitic, pal?

“America First” was an anti-semitic group and its spokesman Charles Lindbergh was a Nazi sympathiser.

Pat Buchanan used the phrase in his 2000 presidential campaign. And guess who called him a “Hitler lover” as a result?

Donald Trump. :smile:

And now Trump loves the phrase so much that he makes it the centrepiece of his inaugural speech.

“America…First…America…First…”

I love the way he said it so slowly, almost like a child in playschool might have said it. But then again, that’s his, and your, level.

Hitler was democratically elected

That’s lovely, mate… So let’s not elect anyone anywhere just in case they end up being another Hitler.

We need text & phone in elections, like on X Factor.

1 Like

You are now using a line from his speech to back up your claim on Trump supporters?

Still no data I see.

Facts, Trump was ultra pro Israel before the election date. Pro Netanyahu, anti Iran deal and in favour of moving their Israeli embassy to Jerusalem.

Most GOP supporters are pro Israel, Trump carried most of that vote. No change in what happened before.

There are anti semites on the right and the left. There are also Jews on both sides who will hurl anti semite at anyone who doesn’t support their political viewpoint, including fellow Jews.

But there is no data to back up your claim on “Trump supporters” as a voting bloc.

Again, I did, but you didn’t read it. And yet again you come back with irrelevant nonsense which is nothing to do with the topic at hand.

It’s quite telling that your attitude to racism and anti-semitism focusses on “data”.

Like many other racists and anti-semites, you favour a pseudo-scientific approach.

The central point of your bait and switch nonsense goes something like this: “If all 63 million Trump voters didn’t make anti-semitic tweets, Trump’s supporters cannot be anti-semitic.”

That’s a rather low/high bar you’ve set for the establishment of anti-semitism in a political campaign and amongst its support.

By that logic, Hitler’s supporters weren’t anti-semitic.

Attempt to airbrush the litany of anti-semitic intimidation on the internet, the thinly veiled anti-semitic sloganeering, the dog whistling, the chanting, the anti-semitic graffiti out of history all you want.

Any person with a reasonably well functioning brain can see what you are.