US Presidential Election 2016: Sidney's Victory Lap

Trump could be the first person ever to destroy himself by overestimating the stupidity of the American people.

I am watching it from the other side of the Atlantic but even so, surely he has taken the pin out of the grenade and popped it into his pants this time.

The hardcore inbred Duck Dynasty types would be. In their minds young Khan was not a white Christian, so not really an American, and therefore suspect.
The more moderate “I’m not a fan of Trump per se, but I’m a Republican and I can’t stand Hillary” types on the other hand would be having serious doubts. Whether it’s enough to push them over the edge and either vote against him, or not at all, remains to be seen. But at some point all this shit has got to add up and those types will say “no more”.

1 Like

The mighty ducks?

1 Like

It was only a matter of time before the Democrats goaded Trump into shooting both feet off. What is lost in this story of course is the utter hypocrisy of the Democrats wheeling out a grieving family to attack their opponent, considering their own candidate voted for the illegal war he was killed in.

All Trump had to do was extend his sympathy to this family and all families of those killed and injured in the Iraq war, and point out that Clinton had voted to send all those people to fight in an illegal war. However, the guy has no tact and shoots from the hip, he never was and clearly never will be a politician. Republicans should get behind the Johnson / Weld ticket if they had a shred of decency, but they won’t.

Eh, you’ve been saying the exact opposite since March, pal.

Disappointing if you’re already admitting defeat now with more than three months left.

4 Likes

To be fair to the Democrats it was a big juicy curveball they threw at Trump. A barely seasoned politician would know not to swing at it but he believes he can say anything and be cheered for it but there are limits to everything. The thing is, the Khans may even put a longer dent in the Republican party by asking guys like Paul Ryan to denounce Trump. What was a long distance pot shot from the Democrats is now becoming a horrible shit storm for Republicans that won’t go away.

Trump is playing in the big leagues now. I’d say they’re having a big chuckle over how badly he’s swallowed this one. He’ll keep digging too, he knows no other way.

Trump thinks women should quit their jobs if they’re sexually harassed:

(in reference to former Fox News CEO and sexual harasser Roger Ailes)

"What if someone had treated Ivanka in the way Ailes allegedly behaved?"

His reply was startling, even by Trumpian standards. “I would like to think she would find another career or find another company if that was the case,” he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/08/01/ailes-trump-sexual-harassment-fox-news-women-gretchen-kelly-greta-news-column/87915454/

Trump has been trumped. As much as I think Clinton is a cunt, as plenty of Americans also do, there is no way you can let that idiot Trump into the Whitehouse. As I’ve said, America is finished if this is all they can produce. A pig in shit would have more decorum that Donald.

Seriously? They’re going after the parents now? Ffs

Interesting that the dems are ignoring the parents of the Benghazi fallen. The left wing extremist’s and intolerant liberals are very silent.

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

I guess this poll showing Clinton with a nine-point lead was “rigged”. :grinning:

Will Trump even do the debates?

It looks very much like he’s trying to weasel out of them.

Debating the veracity of polls is fairly tedious guys.

Trump doesn’t want the presidency, it has been widely reported, according to kasichs camp, that he offered Kasich control over domestic and foreign policy if he went on the ticket, while he would take care of ‘making America great again’ he will torpedo his campaign on purpose over the next few weeks to ensure he doesn’t get it. Cosying to Putin and disparaging the dead soldiers family is all intentional. This was all just a big publicity stunt to improve his brand. Little did he know it would coincide with a period of deep disatissifaction with establishment politics, which identifies with him purely because he has never been elected.

Oh Trump wants the Presidency alright.

But what’s happened over the last week has been a shock to even his biggest detractors. Previously it was believed he was a smart man and merely playing at being a buffoon. The last week shows that he’s not playing at anything, he genuinely is an utter buffoon, an out of control, highly dangerous and unbelievably self-unaware one.

He’s totally out of his depth now and faces the real prospect of not just becoming a laughing stock (he’s pretty much there already), but making his “brand” utterly toxic forever and cementing his legacy as a byword for fascism in the US for decades to come.

1 Like

In a big way. I read the twitter replies to one of Trump’s tweets on the subject. Fascist is a jaded term but it is the only word that seems to fit what they are. The Republican establishment have completely lost control and look likely to be devoured by the movement that has brought Trump to prominence. That in itself isn’t a bad thing. But the collapse of the centre right is going to bring about the rise of the far right. It is inevitable. 2020 is going to make this year look mild.

I haven’t , but its understandable why a simpleton would think that.
I am not a Trump supporter, never have been, nor will be. Unlike you, I have a vote and it won’t be going to Trump. What I have done is comment on the race as it unfolds, as the facts change my opinion changes.

Trump has been making outrageous statements since the Republican primaries began, but it didn’t stop him crushing all opponents. His voting base don’t care, they are so angry already that inappropriate or mean spirited language is irelevant to them. Blue collar and low to middle class voters have seen their wages stagnate, good paying jobs moved overseas, and an unbelievable rise in the inequality gap between the super rich and the rest since the finnacial crisis ended. The hope and change Obama promised has resulted in a boom for the 0.1% who hold financial assets, and a negative impact on everyone else. Even the black community who were most fired uo by his win are worse off now than they were 8 years ago.

Anyone thinking Hillary will improve that situation is delusional.